Transgender Teen Stabs Parents to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I agree with the judge.... his gender status or lack there of makes no difference in WHAT he did. No one cares nor should being "trans" be the excuse for actions.
I agree .....

But, it should not be treated as normal, because that is not the case.

This perp's parents treating his gender confusion as normal may have prevented him from receiving the mental health help he needed.

That help could have diagnosed other more dangerous mental illnesses.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
oh my.... maybe they were accepting of him "acting" like a female.... but would tell him the truth that he really is a male.
Gender confusion would not have been the only sign of a declining mental health.

One doesn't just up and murder one's parents one day with no red flags along the way.

Feb 2015
sadness
I agree .....

But, it should not be treated as normal, because that is not the case.

This perp's parents treating his gender confusion as normal may have prevented him from receiving the mental health help he needed.

That help could have diagnosed other more dangerous mental illnesses.
my guess is he should have been in therapy for years for that very issue. He is not the first kid have issues with fitting in growing up.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
my guess is he should have been in therapy for years for that very issue. He is not the first kid have issues with fitting in growing up.
I think that is more than obvious.

My point is ... pretending like his gender confusion was normal may have masked what were obviously more dangerous mental disorders and prevented him from getting help.

Status
Not open for further replies.