Truck sluts

Dec 2006
required field
No, that's not a misread thread title.

Until the last ten years, I've always lived in rural areas. I love fishing, I love shooting, I love cornfields and the smell of cow shit, and I love having a good truck that can get me places and carry stuff and drive through muddy or snowy places. I know, it's weird. I miss the rural life. I'm lucky that I just recently moved to a place that looks really rural, at least until you can get a mile down to the bottom of the hill to the main road. That's where the traffic begins, and you can tell you're living in the outskirts of Seattle. I miss the rural life. I miss being able to see a sky full of stars not washed out by city lights. Due to spinal degeneration, I can no longer ride my dual sport bikes, or any really. I'm kinda trying not to think about that one. Anyway, after being more or less snowed in up here for the last three days (I finally got out today with patience and persistence), I've never missed having a good truck more. I can relate like hell to this article. Bonus eye candy included.

Since moving to the Bay Area, the part where she had to worry all the time disappeared and she didn’t realize how much of her energy it was taking up. “But there’s a trade off — now I live in the city and it’s loud as shit. It takes forever to get anywhere and it’s expensive as hell and I hate it and I love it.” But it wasn’t something she really elected to do. “It’s a survival thing for a lot of queers. Like we don’t want to leave the country. But in order for me to have a quality of life that I want, I needed to get where my existence isn’t such a fucking threat to people.”

TruckSluts isn’t intended to make rural queerness palatable to city dwellers, but to show rad queers and cool trucks, and the community has led it by sending in submissions. Bunny started to get photos from people all over the country. “It helps people see that there are other people doing the same shit. I’s good to see other gay rednecks. What I hear a lot is [something along the lines of], ‘We’re the only ones out here and it’s great to see babes homesteading, or gay queers and rednecks working seasonal jobs, working beet harvest, or people living in their trucks.’ People are excited to see it. If you go to truck Instagram, which is totally a thing, it’s so white supremacist, and heterosupremecist, heterofocused, and it’s fucking gross. It’s all Punisher skulls and thin blue lines, super gross sovereign citizen garbage, and I hate it. They shouldn’t have it or get to own it.”

Dec 2006
required field
So driving pickup trucks is perversion. Gotcha. Only Godly passenger cars for you.

Dec 2019
Washington, D.C.
When I got divorced some 25 years ago, I had to sell my ’57. FWIW, photo was taken at Stones River Battlefield, in Murfreesboro, TN.

1957 GMC at Stones River 01.jpg

I’ve got a 2014 GMC now. Gave my ’01 GMC to my SIL. Great vehicles.

Reactions: Coyote
Apr 2014
Maryland
I have heard of Lot Lizzards ....

Doesn't surprise me that our Leftist Extremist Friends would try to normalize this form of perversion as well.
We’re too busy trying to normalize the perversion and obsessions of those on the right...

Reactions: Coyote
Dec 2006
required field
My two favorites were my 78 Dodge Ramcharger (460 I think, something super stupid) and my 64 F-100 that had been converted for towing (and also had a 460 or something super stupid--I don't know engines that well, I just know they were both big blocks and started with 4). It looked not unlike the one above back before it got parked on the coast for 4 years. I ended up buying another 64 F-100 that had a crappy worn out L6 engine but a solid body, and I just swapped all the body panels and cab over in a weekend. I'd take either of them back in a heartbeat, even though I couldn't really afford to drive them anywhere. The Ramcharger would have been really handy today breaking through 12-18" of snow or more to get the 50 yards or so out of the driveway. Instead I had to do it in a low-slung Nissan Maxima with ground effects, and it took about 45 minutes of patience and persistence (and a good deal of swearing).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kerberos