Trump’s latest tweets cross clear lines, experts say: Obstruction of justice and witness tampering

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Norman Eisen, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, said that the most striking thing about Monday was that there were two statements in proximity.“It comes very close to the statutory definition of witness tampering,” he said. “It’s a mirror image of the first tweet, only he’s praising a witness for not cooperating with the implication of reward,” he said, adding that Trump has pardon power over Stone.

“We’re so used to President Trump transgressing norms in his public declarations,” Eisen said, “but he may have crossed the legal line.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...mpering/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5904c4323185

both Ryan and McConnell gave very moving speeches today honoring George H.W. Bush. This was the political contrast the world was presented with .Pence spoke as well . He appeared to be fighting back tears as he told the story of Bush writing a personal congratulatory letter to his son .His son had graduated from aviation school , which included making a "tailhook" landing on the U.S.S. George H.W. Bush. Pence had written Bush and asked him to sign a photo of his son. Instead , Bush sent his son a personal letter from one aviator to another .

Maybe Trump is suffering from a form of generational tech dementia. There couldn't have been anything to prepare him for the internet or tweeting, growing up. Perhaps he thinks that if the words are sent via twitter they aren't really words at all. Cuz, good friggin grief. This is our new normal ? Where a president is breaking the law with apparent impunity , for all the world and god to see ?

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Wonder where all these 'experts' were when President Zero exculpated Hillary in April 2016?

He began by saying he would not interfere in the investigation. “That is institutionally how we have always operated: I do not talk to the attorney general about pending investigations. I do not talk to FBI directors about pending investigations. We have a strict line.”

Then he declared her not guilty on national television.

“She would never intentionally put America in any kind of jeopardy,” he said. “What I also know is that there’s classified and then there’s classified. There’s stuff that is really top secret top secret, and then there’s stuff that is being presented to the president, the secretary of state, you may not want going out over the wire.”

“I continue to believe she has not jeopardized America’s national security,” Obama said. “There’s a carelessness in terms of managing emails that she has owned and she recognizes. But I also think it is important to keep this in perspective.”​

Obama Says Doesn't Interfere In Investigations; Then Does THIS

That makes this just another TDS Fueled© thread.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Not.

Wonder where all these 'experts' were when President Zero exculpated Hillary in April 2016?

He began by saying he would not interfere in the investigation. “That is institutionally how we have always operated: I do not talk to the attorney general about pending investigations. I do not talk to FBI directors about pending investigations. We have a strict line.”
“She would never intentionally put America in any kind of jeopardy,” he said. “What I also know is that there’s classified and then there’s classified. There’s stuff that is really top secret top secret, and then there’s stuff that is being presented to the president, the secretary of state, you may not want going out over the wire.”
“I continue to believe she has not jeopardized America’s national security,” Obama said. “There’s a carelessness in terms of managing emails that she has owned and she recognizes. But I also think it is important to keep this in perspective.”

if you're so interested in the bio's of the experts referenced in the OP perhaps you should research them.
it doesn't excuse away what Trump is doing . I'm pretty sure there are keen legal minds who would disagree with the claims made against Trump. That is , after all, what lawyers do best. ARGUE.

May 2016
Florida

“I continue to believe she has not jeopardized America’s national security,” Obama said. “There’s a carelessness in terms of managing emails that she has owned and she recognizes. But I also think it is important to keep this in perspective.”

I'm glad you posted this, for it shows the stark difference in how a president should act, and how the current president is nothing more than a man-child. I can imagine the teeth gnashing and pearl clutching conservatives were doing when Obama said to put the accusations in perspective, I mean, the link says he "declared her not guilty on national television", by simply saying to use perspective....vs the POS in office now that daily tweets trying to witness tamper and tell the DOJ to investigate his political enemies and not even a whimper from the conservatives.

Thanks again for reminding people how full of shit conservatives are.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I'm glad you posted this, for it shows the stark difference in how a president should act, and how the current president is nothing more than a man-child. I can imagine the teeth gnashing and pearl clutching conservatives were doing when Obama said to put the accusations in perspective, I mean, the link says he "declared her not guilty on national television", by simply saying to use perspective....vs the POS in office now that daily tweets trying to witness tamper and tell the DOJ to investigate his political enemies and not even a whimper from the conservatives.

Thanks again for reminding people how full of shit conservatives are.
it's a little disappointing that Trump loyalist so quickly try to change the subject rather than addressing his corrupt
practices directly. They'll bring up Obama or Hillary or whatever. Oh, well. If only they'd realize that if Trump is allowed to obstruct justice and intimidate witnesses then the next president can as well.