Trump: 'A screw loose'

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
Libertarians make their case at CNN town hall

By Eli Watkins, CNN
Updated 10:10 PM ET, Wed August 3, 2016

Washington (CNN)Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson and his running mate, Bill Weld, on Wednesday pledged a less polarized political process if they were elected.

"If either (Donald) Trump or (Hillary) Clinton are elected, things will be more polarized than ever," Johnson said at a CNN town hall, adding that his role was "calling out both sides."
The event, moderated by Anderson Cooper, comes as both major party conventions have wrapped up and Republican nominee Trump has become embroiled in yet another interparty fight -- this time over his criticism of the family of a slain US Muslim soldier.
What to watch at CNN's Libertarian town hall
Trump: 'A screw loose'

Johnson and Weld have never been shy about attacking Trump and the opening minutes of the town hall were no exception.
"He's a showman. He's a pied piper. He's the music man," Weld said of Trump. "More recently, it's gotten more serious and the noun that comes to my mind is 'a screw loose.' "http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politics/gary-johnson-bill-weld-libertarian-town-hall/index.html

I would go further and argue Trump's supporters have a screw loos too.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
well, they got one thing right. Can't really watch the contrast between Trump and Hillary Clinton rallies and not notice the divide. It's kinda scary, actually. I'm embarrassed for my country watching Trump rallies. It's like Dante's fifth circle of hell. Whereas, Hillary Clinton lays the message of "hope" on a little to thick for my taste. Eventually, we're going to end up choosing one of them. Their supporters will rejoice. While, the losing supporters will come face to face with the cold hard reality of their loss. With the raw emotions we've seen on both sides , like I say, it's kinda scary. There's bound to be a level of disappointment either way that we haven't seen , I guess, since we fought a civil war in this country.

Last edited:

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
well, they got one thing right. Can't really watch the contrast between Trump and Hillary Clinton rallies and not notice the divide. It's kinda scary, actually. I'm embarrassed for my country watching Trump rallies. It's like Dante's fifth circle of hell. Whereas, Hillary Clinton lays the message of "hope" on a little to thick for my taste. Eventually, we're going to end up choosing one of them. Their supporters will rejoice. While, the losing supporters will come face to face with the cold hard reality of their loss. With the raw emotions we've seen on both sides , like I say, it's kinda scary. There's bound to be a level of disappointment either way that we haven't seen , I guess, since we fought a civil war in this country.
Some of us are already disappointed, because no matter who wins we believe the nation has lost.... and is likely lost.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Might as well, post this here. It's the perfect PH storm. A mole has appeared. We must whack. Conk... Conk...Conk.... Smashing all those beetles (Game of thrones reference). It's just so primal and satisfying (and mindless. Trump isn't doing anything different than he was in March)

Media trumpeting Trump implosion, but is it real? | Fox News

There’s a natural piling-on effect when campaigns go off the rails: The polls dip, the critics step up their rhetoric, staffers start pointing fingers, and the press keeps the vicious cycle going.

But I’ve never seen anything like this.

Things reached the point yesterday morning that CNBC’s John Harwood tweeted: “Longtime ally of Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign manager: 'Manafort not challenging Trump anymore. Mailing it in. Staff suicidal.'"

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Might as well, post this here. It's the perfect PH storm. A mole has appeared. We must whack. Conk... Conk...Conk.... Smashing all those beetles (Game of thrones reference). It's just so primal and satisfying (and mindless. Trump isn't doing anything different than he was in March)

Media trumpeting Trump implosion, but is it real? | Fox News
You honestly can't see that he's gotten worse? Really? He's like a cornered rat. When he's confronted with something stupid he's said or something he lied about he ratchets it all up to another level. You don't see this?

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Trump announced yesterday they have a tape? Of the money being exchanged. Turns out to be a video of Hostages being released in Janurary. Won't he ever learn?

Wants to play a round of golf with Obama to win the Presidency.

Met with 6 Gold Star families. One gave him a check. Wonder if any were Muslim?

Nuclear Scientists are getting nervous that Trump would win. Losing sleep at night.

Changed strategy yesterday attacking crooked Hillary. That lasted about 5 minutes before he took off on a tangent. And,yes,there was a TelePrompTer. Plain to see.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
You honestly can't see that he's gotten worse? Really? He's like a cornered rat. When he's confronted with something stupid he's said or something he lied about he ratchets it all up to another level. You don't see this?
Trump said his campaign was the most United they have ever been.

Meanwhile intervention planned. The calming effect of Newt and Rudy asked to intervene.( Credit for that last remark goes to Halperin!)