Trump accuses Obama of treason for ‘spying’ on his 2016 campaign

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
President Trump has ratcheted up his claim that the Obama White House spied on his 2016 campaign, charging in a new book that it was a “treasonous” act by the former Democratic president.

“What they did was treasonous, OK? It was treasonous,” he told author Doug Wead for his upcoming book, "Inside Trump's White House: The Real Story of His Presidency."

“The interesting thing out of all of this is that we caught them spying on the election. They were spying on my campaign. So you know? What is that all about?” said Trump.

“I have never ever said this, but truth is, they got caught spying. They were spying,” said Trump who then added, “Obama.”

I mean, seriously - wtf? Get this lunatic out of office and into an asylum.

Sep 2016
My own world
Does Trump realize he's the president and that he asked his people to look into it and they came back and said
... the FBI was spying on Russia's attack on the 2016 election, and as part of that, it was trying to find out whether any Americans were involved.
Is there any evidence that any spies were planted in the Trump campaign? No.

Clapper said in several interviews this week the FBI can use confidential informants. Other former national security officials tell NPR that sending an intermediary like Halper is a less aggressive way for FBI to try to learn from subjects in an investigation. That way, the bureau doesn't have to send special agents themselves who might flash their badges and let the people involved know the FBI was interested.

"They were spying on what the Russians were doing," Clapper said. "Trying to understand, 'Were the Russians infiltrating? Trying to gain access? Trying to gain leverage or influence?' Which is what they do."
Part of investigators' desire to find out what was happening, they sent a confidential informant, Cambridge University professor Stefan Halper, to talk with three of Trump's campaign advisers.
This info is not new, reports are from May 2018. Thanks to the revelation of Halper as an informant to the FBI they have had to
reportedly to take precautions in other active cases, because now people who might not have known before about Halper's arrangement now certainly do. Halper has declined to comment to NPR.

Oct 2019
Earth
Unless Obama actually was spying on the campaigns in order to act as kingmaker.

There's a very narrow definition for treason though and needs 2 witnesses to the same event.

I hope Trump is just blowing smoke again.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
President Trump has ratcheted up his claim that the Obama White House spied on his 2016 campaign, charging in a new book that it was a “treasonous” act by the former Democratic president.

“What they did was treasonous, OK? It was treasonous,” he told author Doug Wead for his upcoming book, "Inside Trump's White House: The Real Story of His Presidency."

“The interesting thing out of all of this is that we caught them spying on the election. They were spying on my campaign. So you know? What is that all about?” said Trump.

“I have never ever said this, but truth is, they got caught spying. They were spying,” said Trump who then added, “Obama.”

I mean, seriously - wtf? Get this lunatic out of office and into an asylum.
"Spying"?

This shit again.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Unless Obama actually was spying on the campaigns in order to act as kingmaker.

There's a very narrow definition for treason though and needs 2 witnesses to the same event.

I hope Trump is just blowing smoke again.
How? Eavesdropping? Wiretapping?

Trump has been president for almost 4 years. Why can't he produce proof of these reckless allegations?

(Obviously, because they have no basis in reality.)

Oct 2019
Earth
How? Eavesdropping? Wiretapping?

Trump has been president for almost 4 years. Why can't he produce proof of these reckless allegations?

(Obviously, because they have no basis in reality.)
How? It would have to be an overt act to knowingly wage war against the US, or giving aid an comfort to enemies.

The condition of during a time of war is met.

I could speculate on some variations that could lead to that; but I don't have any knowledge of anything that actually happened.

I suppose if Obama was using FVEYES and foreign spies to get information to overthrow the legitimate election process... it may be a stretch. Otherwise, Trump might just be blustering