Trump Admin Is Considering Using Amazon Echo And Apple Watch To Determine If Citizens Should Own A Gun

Apr 2012
This will never happen. This would set up democrats to corrupt the system and take away guns from law abiding conservatives

The Trump administration is considering a proposal that would use Google, Amazon and Apple to collect data on users who exhibit characteristics of mental illness that could lead to violent behavior, The Washington Post reported Thursday.
The proposal is part of an initiative to create a Health Advanced Research Projects Agency (HARPA), which would be located inside the Health and Human Services Department, the report notes, citing sources inside the administration. The new agency would have a separate budget and the president would be responsible for appointing its director.

HARPA would take after Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, which serves as the research arm for the Pentagon. The idea was first crafted in 2017 but has since gotten a renewed push after mass shootings killed 31 people in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, in August.
The Suzanne Wright Foundation approached the president recently and proposed the agency include a project called Stopping Aberrant Fatal Events by Helping Overcome Mental Extremes, or Safe Home, the report notes, citing two people familiar with the matter.
President Donald Trump has a close relationship with Bob Wright, who founded the foundation after his wife died of cancer. Wright was a former chair of NBC and occupied that position while the president hosted “The Apprentice.”

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
This will never happen. This would set up democrats to corrupt the system and take away guns from law abiding conservatives
Not sure what's being proposed; consumer data mining (constitutionally dubious) or unauthorized wiretapping/eavesdropping (blatant 4th amendment violations.)

That said, I think it might be worthwhile to try to determine criteria for identifying at-risk persons by looking at their online posts.

Apr 2012
Not sure what's being proposed; consumer data mining (constitutionally dubious) or unauthorized wiretapping/eavesdropping (blatant 4th amendment violations.)

That said, I think it might be worthwhile to try to determine criteria for identifying at-risk persons by looking at their online posts.
Problem is that would be used to take guns away from law abiding citizens by the gun control freaks of the democrat party. The democrats act like Hitler with their gun control. That is what Hitler did he took guns away from private citizens

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Problem is that would be used to take guns away from law abiding citizens by the gun control freaks of the democrat party. The democrats act like Hitler with their gun control. That is what Hitler did he took guns away from private citizens
Your title says the Trump administration is suggesting this.

And you got mad at an unrelated political party that wasn't mentioned.

Are you .......... Ok?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I think with objective standards and minimum due process, confiscation can pass constitutional muster as directed at people actively planning mass murders.

Dec 2018
Florida

Are you .......... Ok?
Trump isn’t a real conservative. He is a joke. The funny thing is, if democrats realized that and just played ball with the dick? They could have had a wonderful time with his presidency.

Apr 2012

Are you .......... Ok?
Because when the democrats get the presidency they would control it. I would not worry about Trump doing that. I said it will not happen. You know as well as I do the NRA will lobby hard to stop it

Apr 2012
I think with objective standards and minimum due process, confiscation can pass constitutional muster as directed at people actively planning mass murders.
Not unless you can put controls in place to prevent corruption of it and guarantee that law abiding citizens will not be targeted. The democrats would use it to confiscate guns
They would use it to do the same thing Hitler did