Trump admin preparing to take over private land in Texas for border wall

Sep 2016
My own world
I know one Senator from Texas who isn't going to like it.

Sen. John Cornyn watched with alarm when Beto O’Rourke nearly won Texas’ other Senate seat last year — alarmed that it could be him on the losing end when he’s up in 2020.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Which is why we need to win win win and democrats are helping ensure that happens with these constant attempts to undo an election they never accepted instead of doing their job.
Over 20 of your reps have already announced their retirement, you are going to lose, lose, lose and all your dreams are going to die, die die.
Trumps average approval rating: 40%
All Presidents average approval rating: 53%

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----
Government has always had the right to annex property for the general well being of the country. Attempts to make this look like some new Trump creation are just more TDS symptoms on display.
Quick with throwing around the derogatory terms, I see. That's generally a sign that you can't dispute what's been said. So it is noted that you are a strong proponent of government land grabs. Or are you only ok with it if it's something trump does?

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----
The people who had land under the U.S interstate system probably were not thrilled either. How about the people who now have land under water due to federal hydro dam reservoirs ?
Any time that the government can come in and take your land from you, it's a bad thing.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
This falls under Eminent domain, which Texas has a long and bumpy history.

Eminent domain requires that the government provide 'just compensation' - it is covered in the 5th Amendment.