Trump administration files paperwork to withdraw U.S. from Paris climate agreement

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter

Asshole.

I'm sure someday he'll give me a reason to think kindly on him. BUT TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY!

"President Trump made the decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement because of the unfair economic burden imposed on American workers, businesses, and taxpayers by U.S. pledges made under the Agreement," Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a statement. "The United States has reduced all types of emissions, even as we grow our economy and ensure our citizens’ access to affordable energy."

Complete withdrawal cannot take effect for one year after the paperwork is filed, so the U.S. will not leave the agreement until Nov. 4, 2020, the day after Election Day. Trump promised to withdraw from the agreement in 2017, but could not officially start the process until three years after the agreement went into effect.
Story Continued Below

The action would make the U.S. the only country on Earth not a party to the agreement, which calls on nations to set individual targets for reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Suspect he wants to be able to say he did it officially for his campaign.
Well,it was a waste of time anyway. Next step should be quitting the UN. This Paris thing was a Globalist idea to weaken the USA.

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
More idiocy from the far right Greek chorus.

This planet could burn to the ground and you'd be fine with it because scientists are BAD and WRONG! Dumb fucks.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
More idiocy from the far right Greek chorus.

This planet could burn to the ground and you'd be fine with it because scientists are BAD and WRONG! Dumb fucks.
It has survived for 4 Billion years. Even a massive meteor hit. Still rollin' around the Sun. If ,and I say IF ,the Temp is increasing a bit ,it is NATURAL.

Oct 2013
USA
Seriously Trump makes me sick. At least voters who thought he wouldn't do everything he said he'd do because it was too outrageous now know they lied to themselves.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59