Trump administration plans to drastically weaken law protecting endangered species

May 2012
By the wall
P.S. Here is a scientific article on the replacement of wolves by coyotes, focusing in particular on eastern North America, where wolves were almost totally wiped out during the course of the 18th and 19th centuries (and into the 20th century). Go argue with the authors, if you want:

https://nywolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Ungulate-predation-and-ecological-roles-of-wolves-and-coyotes-in-eastern-North-America-1.pdf
You made that stupid statement so I am arguing with you, if they want to post shit here then I will argue with them.

Go back to your economics, it's all you know.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
So you're OK with more rats and mice running around?

I'm beginning to think you have a snake phobia. :nerd:

And there's a technical name for that:

Ophidophobia is the scientific name for a very common fear, fear of snakes. Of course, to be called ‘phobia’, the fear has to be excessive or abnormal. Many people call fear of snakes ‘herpetophobia’ which really is the abnormal fear of reptiles and amphibians in general.

That's from this Wikipedia link on Snake Phobias: Ophidiophobia - Wikipedia

More common is arachnophobia, an intense fear of spiders.
I really don't care for any animals if they don't have fur. LOL :) j/k I hate snakes. Spiders, I am neutral. I can execute a spider no problem. :) I have never seen a big spider, so I am not sure how I would react. Another one, alligators. Nothing but misery to humans.

Mice are ghastly. My sister had a issue with these little tiny field mice with big ears. She didn't know until it was out of control. We were mouse hunters for a week. :) She did get a cat and it was useless. A mouse could run in front of it and it would just sit there. LOL

Reactions: BigLeRoy
May 2012
By the wall
Presumably, on your view, people are more important than ANY other species, right?

So presumably you are not worried about scientific reports that a MILLION species face extinction within the next few decades?

I suspect you are just not 'aware' that we are currently in the midst of the Sixth Great Extinction event in the geological history of the world. And that while the causes of some of the first five remain murky, though we are learning more each and every year, that there is no real debate over the cause of this Sixth Mass Extinction: it is us. We humans. WE are the cause.

Spaceship Earth is in deep trouble. Some of us realize that. And some of us do not.
You obviously have never been required to take a single biology course ever.

By the way, a snake eats a mouse it doesn't eat for another month.

LOL

Unless you are going to import 10,000 snakes they do not control mice populations by themselves.

OMFG

May 2012
By the wall
I really don't care for any animals if they don't have fur. LOL :) j/k I hate snakes. Spiders, I am neutral. I can execute a spider no problem. :) I have never seen a big spider, so I am not sure how I would react. Another one, alligators. Nothing but misery to humans.
Save the whales, but only because they are cute, kill the ugly ones.

We get it.

Reactions: HCProf
May 2012
By the wall
Save the whales, but only because they are cute, kill the ugly ones.

We get it.
For clarification that was not directed towards you or anyone.

It is a general statement of hypocrisy.

I myself even fall into that trap....when all creatures should be given the same care we often only select a few we "care" about.

While we begin fundraisers and rush out boats to save a species we are also developing a new, more effective poison to kill others.

Something just seems wrong with that to me.

Jan 2016
Colorado
You obviously have never been required to take a single biology course ever.

By the way, a snake eats a mouse it doesn't eat for another month.

LOL

Unless you are going to import 10,000 snakes they do not control mice populations by themselves.

OMFG
You always end up embarrassing and humiliating yourself whenever you get into these scientific arguments with me.

What Animal Eats a Mouse?

Snakes play a major role in controlling mice population since mice play a central role in the diet of many species of snakes around the globe. Because snakes can unhinge their jaws to swallow mice, both large and small snakes rely on them for sustenance. Under natural conditions, when the mouse population increases, so does the snake population; but in some areas too many snakes have been killed by humans, skewing the balance between prey and predator, resulting in mouse overpopulation.

Reactions: DemoWhip
Jan 2016
Colorado
You made that stupid statement so I am arguing with you, if they want to post shit here then I will argue with them.

Go back to your economics, it's all you know.
So now you are reducing yourself to just casually dismissing a peer-reviewed science journal article, which is saying exactly the same thing I am saying. You cannot support your views. I can.

And, BTW, you should ask @Kallie Knoetze to explain this to you. He understands it well enough.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
You always end up embarrassing and humiliating yourself whenever you get into these scientific arguments with me.

What Animal Eats a Mouse?

Snakes play a major role in controlling mice population since mice play a central role in the diet of many species of snakes around the globe. Because snakes can unhinge their jaws to swallow mice, both large and small snakes rely on them for sustenance. Under natural conditions, when the mouse population increases, so does the snake population; but in some areas too many snakes have been killed by humans, skewing the balance between prey and predator, resulting in mouse overpopulation.
I guess if it came down to mice or snakes, let the snakes live. Mice are dirtier.

Reactions: BigLeRoy
May 2012
By the wall
So now you are reducing yourself to just casually dismissing a peer-reviewed science journal article, which is saying exactly the same thing I am saying. You cannot support your views. I can.

And, BTW, you should ask @Kallie Knoetze to explain this to you. He understands it well enough.
Kallie is a girl.

How long have you been here?