Trump adviser says ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of God'

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Trump adviser says ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of God'
By Karma Allen

"A Texas-based evangelist with ties to President Donald Trump came under fire this week after video re-surfaced of her telling followers that they don't need to get a flu shot because "Jesus himself gave us the flu shot."
"And don't receive it when somebody threatens you with, 'Everybody is getting the flu,'" she added. "We've already had our shot. He bore our sicknesses and carried our diseases. That's what we stand on."
"A devastating flu outbreak has killed dozens since October. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said at least 14,676 people have been hospitalized with influenza since the flu season began in October, double the number from all of last year and the highest ever recorded. The agency urges those who haven't been vaccinated to get a flu shot."

====================================================

As a Born Again Christian I can understand what she is saying which is faith based, but the other side to that is that Jesus also gave doctors/physicians the ability to heal people. He works through them so that those who are ill can become better. He also gave scientists the ability to develop medicines for the medical profession to heal with and both doctors and scientists the ability to reason what is good to use and what may be problematic. Therefore, while some in the medical profession stress being vaccinated others do not. It is up to people to do more personal research on this to decide for themselves what is best for them. But at any rate remember that Prayer Works! It does and it is not to be discarded or disregarded by any means.

Jun 2006
Vancouver
Meh.

I can believe in magic and still not believe that a certain thing is magic.

I believe in deserts, but I live in a temperate rain forest.

I believe in Jesus. I don’t for a nanosecond believe that he protects me from infectious diseases.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
By Karma Allen

====================================================

As a Born Again Christian I can understand what she is saying which is faith based, but the other side to that is that Jesus also gave doctors/physicians the ability to heal people. He works through them so that those who are ill can become better. He also gave scientists the ability to develop medicines for the medical profession to heal with and both doctors and scientists the ability to reason what is good to use and what may be problematic. Therefore, while some in the medical profession stress being vaccinated others do not. It is up to people to do more personal research on this to decide for themselves what is best for them. But at any rate remember that Prayer Works! It does and it is not to be discarded or disregarded by any means.
What "ties to Trump"? He's a barely-there Presbyterian, as best I recall.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Meh.

I can believe in magic and still not believe that a certain thing is magic.

I believe in deserts, but I live in a temperate rain forest.

I believe in Jesus. I don’t for a nanosecond believe that he protects me from infectious diseases.
I think it's sinful to discourage congregants to avoid life-protecting vaccines.

But hey. I'm 100% persuaded that science and medicine are a real thing.

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Every week on R-TV there are TV preachers claiming to cure all kinds of ills. Whats a little cold.

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
Flu shot Is slightly more effective than praying to a magic 8 ball