Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation - NYT breaking just now

Nov 2013
NY
WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo that Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence an ongoing investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=65307641&pgtype=article

Reactions: 11 people
Jul 2016
Florida
We heard this at work today.

We also heard about Trump feeding classified info to the Russians long before it hit the presses too.

Lol State we love our president not!

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2015
Florida
So we had a likely 'traitorous', at best, self dealing for profit general, and Trump wants HIM to go unscathed and fires, what we think or HOPE is the honest broker. This the same immoral GENERAL who screamed from the dais--LOCK HER UP!!!!!

Trump neither has personal character or RECOGNIZES character in others!!!
This is a fucking arrogant incompetent piece of shit who has been inflicted on this country.

Not to mention every story circles back to RUSSIA!!!! How is this even possible?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo that Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence an ongoing investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=65307641&pgtype=article
Stepped on your post,Sorry. MODS merge.

Nov 2013
NY
Good god, but don't worry- our righties will be in here in pst one second to defend Twitler!
The question really is HOW much it will take for GOPers to actually take any of all these hot messes seriously enough. At some point, this moron must become indefensible even for the most partisan lemmings.

Reactions: 1 person