Trump asks John Bolton to resign

Jun 2019
A red welfare state
What a dilemma for the lefties.

They can't get mad at Trump for firing him without also admitting Bolton should have stayed.

I find this absolutely hilarious.

That's ridiculous. I can disagree with the reason for his resignation/firing and still not like Bolton at the same time. I don't think Clown Shoes should have picked him in the first place, but who is he going to get now? Who is dumb enough to be next in line for a knife in the back, Satan?

May 2012
By the wall
That's ridiculous. I can disagree with the reason for his resignation/firing and still not like Bolton at the same time. I don't think Clown Shoes should have picked him in the first place, but who is he going to get now? Who is dumb enough to be next in line for a knife in the back, Satan?
So you disagree with his firing?

That must mean you approved of the job he was doing.

And by the way, can you tell us the reason Trump gave for firing him and why you disagree with it?

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
So you disagree with his firing?

That must mean you approved of the job he was doing.

And by the way, can you tell us the reason Trump gave for firing him and why you disagree with it?
Since the public isn't privy to the everyday actions of our nation's National Security Advisor. Secondly, even though we all know Bolton is a RW Hawk, he's still an "advisor". It's up to the POTUS to decide on what actions and advice to take from his staff. Since we have a PABOTUS, any staff member who disagrees too much is canned. Sad

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
Once upon a time I had a tyrannical boss. Like real nutjob, Napoleon-complexed idiot. The powers that be knew all about his antics but let it go time after time. Finally tho he was fired when sales flagged and over something totally benign. It was such a dick move and done in such a humiliating way that virtually all the staff had an uprising in support of the jerk boss.
The point being, while Bolton shouldn't have any influence on American foreign policy b/c he's a regime-change, war-lovin' nutter, the way this WH dealt with his departure was petty and embarrassing. So what he resigned? Spin that to your advantage. Don't lie and then cart others out to make shit up to support the lie.
It's just lame and teenage-girl politics.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
I was wondering about that. Is it even legal for Trump to demand they be signed to begin with?
You can demand for a person to sign as much crap as you want as a condition of employment, in this case all of the things signed have as much legal import as toilet paper.

The optimistic view is that Trump knows this and he's just

1) Counting on his staff to be ignorant and/or easily intimidated
2) Saving his own pride and putting up exterior appearances
3) Though he knows it has zero chance of success, planning for how it is still worthwhile to create an excuse to harass someone in court

The pessimistic view, which I gravitate toward, holds that Trump has convinced himself that NDAs are the solution to all of his potential problems and that he simply doesn't understand that the presidency and federal employees don't work the same way as his company.

And, that he is not capable of learning the truth of the matter, because he's too stupid and arrogant to process new information. Same deal with the tariffs. He embraces their supposed value and considers none of the drawbacks, at least not at first, because he's dumb as shit.