Trump bashes CNN, NBC, defends Sinclair Broadcast Group after 'fake news' speeches by

Feb 2007
In my mind
That is fucking awesome.

President Twitter-thumbs took to his favorite method of expression this morning to laud Sinclair as being superior to other news outlets.

Which is odd because Sinclair had their folks read the same script which attacked other news as dangerous to our democracy, seemingly parroting the delusions of the president.

Let's put that another way. Trump praises a media outlet that read scripted material sympathetic or supporting his outrageous attacks on the media as being better than actual news.

Seems weird that the president would attack "fake news" and then praise real fake news.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/02/tru...r-superior-to-cnn-and-even-more-fake-nbc.html

[FONT=&quot]President Donald Trump on Monday touted Sinclair Broadcast Group, which owns more than two dozen NBC news affiliates, as being "far superior to CNN and even more Fake NBC."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The defense of Sinclair came amid a seven-tweet flurry Monday morning, in which the president weighed in on topics ranging from immigration to mega-retailer Amazon's tax status.[/FONT]
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

So funny to watch Fake News Networks, among the most dishonest groups of people I have ever dealt with, criticize Sinclair Broadcasting for being biased. Sinclair is far superior to CNN and even more Fake NBC, which is a total joke.
6:28 AM - Apr 2, 2018

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
Has anyone actually viewed the ad or read the transcript?

Sinclair's message was apolitical. I find it amazing that any news outlet in today's age would push such a non-partisan message. It's refreshing.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious

Sinclair's message was apolitical. I find it amazing that any news outlet in today's age would push such a non-partisan message. It's refreshing.
It was self-serving and meant to imply that other outlets are fake news and we are not. Nothing wrong with that, really. It was an advertising shot and, though not honest, it probably scored well with sympathetic ears. But, that's what advertising is supposed to do. The problem is on the gullible voting bloc it was aimed at. Hopefully people are smarter about news than they used to be and don't fall for things like "fair and balanced" anymore. More skepticism is what is needed.

The funny part is that if this had been done on the left, robotic talking heads reading the EXACT SAME script from a news anchor position at hundreds of outlets across the country, these same extremists on the right who support such a move or call it non-political would be droning on and on about "indoctrination", and rightfully so.

Double standards are often hilarious though.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset

I've read it and wonder that anyone has the effrontery to make the claim you just did.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas

Sinclair is stating they will be calling out the fake news MSM on their propaganda.

This is a direct attack on the marxist propaganda wing of the Democratic Party certainly making it at least a political challenge.

Feb 2007
In my mind
Sinclair is stating they will be calling out the fake news MSM on their propaganda.

This is a direct attack on the marxist propaganda wing of the Democratic Party certainly making it at least a political challenge.
Sounds like the propaganda arm of Herr Trump, a private force of non news media posing as news media, promoting his idiocy.