Trump Called a 'Liar' for Disavowing 'Send Her Back' Chant: President's Throwing 'His Own Supporters Under the Bus'

Sep 2012
SoCal
Ruh roh … are the deplorables getting a hint of the real tRump, finally? He didn't say it? Then where did they hear it?

Trump Called a 'Liar' for Disavowing 'Send Her Back' Chant: President's Throwing 'His Own Supporters Under the Bus'
Following an onslaught of outrage, President Donald Trump on Thursday disavowed the "send her back" chant that broke out the previous night among supporters at his North Carolina rally after he launched a vicious attack on progressive Democratic Congresswoman Ilhan Omar — and Twitter was not buying it.

Trump dedicated a portion of his Wednesday night campaign rally speech in Greenville, North Carolina, to attacking Omar — who was born in Mogadishu, Somalia — days after he told her, and three other progressive lawmakers of color to "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came." During his rebuke, the crowd loudly chanted "Send her back!"

While the president did nothing at the event to halt the chant or reprove those involved, he claimed the next day that he did not approve of what had been said by his supporters.

..MORE...

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
As I quoted in another post,” Patriotism is the refuge of a scoundrel!”

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel: Samuel Johnson

Republicans have always used Patriotism to cover their dirty work. Think about the Iraq War, brought to us by Cheney, Bush and Rumsfeld. Cheney is so afraid to die he lived on batteries and managed to get to the head of the line to get another person’s heart.

Jun 2013
Here
Ruh roh … are the deplorables getting a hint of the real tRump, finally? He didn't say it? Then where did they hear it?

Was Trump really joking when he said this or was he also challenging his supporters to prove him right?

Trump's a sleazeball, but the people who like Trump, because they say he "tells it like it is", don't like to hear or even see it like it like it is (Trump is a sleazeball) when it comes to Trump.

The most disturbing thing about Trump, are the people that support such a sleazeball, even as they attempt to hold others accountable for a fraction of the sleazeball activities Trump engages in. This says they recognize wrongs, but don't seem to care about Trump's wrongs or the wrong of their double standard and hypocrisy,

I am not sure who they truly think they are fooling, but themselves or those incapable of sorting the differences between right and wrong or having enough of a conscience to override their partisanship or loyalty to a party or person that is NOT loyal to them or anyone else, but himself.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Was Trump really joking when he said this or was he also challenging his supporters to prove him right?

Trump's a sleazeball, but the people who like Trump, because they say he "tells it like it is", don't like to hear or even see it like it like it is (Trump is a sleazeball) when it comes to Trump.

The most disturbing thing about Trump, are the people that support such a sleazeball, even as they attempt to hold others accountable for a fraction of the sleazeball activities Trump engages in. This says they recognize wrongs, but don't seem to care about Trump's wrongs or the wrong of their double standard and hypocrisy,

I am not sure who they truly think they are fooling, but themselves or those incapable of sorting the differences between right and wrong or having enough of a conscience to override their partisanship or loyalty to a party or person that is NOT loyal to them or anyone else, but himself.
The reason those people support Trump, know, is because they think the same way. They deal in hate,anger and resentment every day of their lives. Their sense of humor is to belittle others. Sad to say many of us are falling into the trap in the age of Trump.

I find myself saying some of the same things they do.

It is so hot today I fully expect my 2 tomato plants to produce stewed tomatoes.

Jets

Former Staff
Feb 2011
New York
President Trump will never apologize for anything. That is not who he is nor what his myrmidons want. Any attempt at walking back bombast will come across as weakness. That is the price to be paid for having a “cult of personality”. Not much different from the idea of living and dying by the sword.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
President Trump will never apologize for anything. That is not who he is nor what his myrmidons want. Any attempt at walking back bombast will come across as weakness. That is the price to be paid for having a “cult of personality”. Not much different from the idea of living and dying by the sword.
That's pretty on point. People go "Oh, Trump wants to talk about this, this is his wheelhouse, all part of the strategy of manipulating his opponents."

It may be true that Trump is operating deliberately here, as part of a strategy, but that doesn't mean the strategy is good or that he is executing it effectively.