Trump calls for boycott of television network CNN: tweet

Feb 2007
In my mind
Why?

Because they do not have a morning talk show that sits around worshiping him? Because he wishes to sink his own case in the Time Warner merger?

I am going to go with the former for $400 Alex.

Apparently, the president is simply incapable of going an hour without saying something stupid on Twitter, in this case he calls for a boycott of CNN.
The president seems wholly obsessed with CNN.

And golf.

And Muslims.

Yet oddly disconnected from the actual functions of his office. At this point, it does appear to me that while "working" he pretty much sits around all day tweeting about shit that has fuck all to do with anything other than his delusions and pettiness.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...of-television-network-cnn-tweet-idUSKBN1DT1XU

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump urged a boycott of CNN on Wednesday, ramping up his fight against the television network as his administration fights AT&T Inc’s deal to buy CNN’s owner Time Warner Inc.

Trump has criticized the proposed deal, which the Justice Department has sued to stop. Legal experts have said the president’s attacks on CNN could hobble his administration’s case.

The president, who regularly assails mainstream media, has long criticized CNN, calling the network “fake news” and saying he no longer watches it, while lauding rival Fox News. His call for a boycott appeared to be a step up in his attacks.

“Great, and we should boycott Fake News CNN. Dealing with them is a total waste of time!,” Trump wrote in a Twitter post.

Aug 2017
US
Why?

Because they do not have a morning talk show that sits around worshiping him? Because he wishes to sink his own case in the Time Warner merger?

I am going to go with the former for $400 Alex.

Apparently, the president is simply incapable of going an hour without saying something stupid on Twitter, in this case he calls for a boycott of CNN.
The president seems wholly obsessed with CNN.

And golf.

And Muslims.

Yet oddly disconnected from the actual functions of his office. At this point, it does appear to me that while "working" he pretty much sits around all day tweeting about shit that has fuck all to do with anything other than his delusions and pettiness.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...of-television-network-cnn-tweet-idUSKBN1DT1XU

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump urged a boycott of CNN on Wednesday, ramping up his fight against the television network as his administration fights AT&T Inc’s deal to buy CNN’s owner Time Warner Inc.

Trump has criticized the proposed deal, which the Justice Department has sued to stop. Legal experts have said the president’s attacks on CNN could hobble his administration’s case.

The president, who regularly assails mainstream media, has long criticized CNN, calling the network “fake news” and saying he no longer watches it, while lauding rival Fox News. His call for a boycott appeared to be a step up in his attacks.

“Great, and we should boycott Fake News CNN. Dealing with them is a total waste of time!,” Trump wrote in a Twitter post.
He's trying to tank CNN to ruin it's sale. CNN has usually been very fair and are outstanding journalists. I wish somebody could name just one story they ran that was irrefutably biased. No response? That's what I thought.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
He's trying to tank CNN to ruin it's sale. CNN has usually been very fair and are outstanding journalists. I wish somebody could name just one story they ran that was irrefutably biased. No response? That's what I thought.

Problem is that CNN has very low ratings. I think by trying to stay in the middle, they attract fewer viewers. It really hasnt helped them and of course it will affect its sale.

Oct 2017
south area

CNN has never been fair. Them, FOX, NBC, MSNBC, are all garbage and BIAS. Anyone who debates that is a partisan hack.

Aug 2017
US
Problem is that CNN has very low ratings. I think by trying to stay in the middle, they attract fewer viewers. It really hasnt helped them and of course it will affect its sale.
So true. The middle lacks sex appeal. Everything is point/counterpoint. Very few talking heads defend establishment/traditional liberalism. When will the left realize we're their allies. They wrongly think they can create change without us. In the very end, it makes for never being the policy maker, always looking in from the outside.

Aug 2017
US
CNN has never been fair. Them, FOX, NBC, MSNBC, are all garbage and BIAS. Anyone who debates that is a partisan hack.
You know I asked for just one example, just one. Then we could debate if it were true. But you can't provide it. You have to make a modest attempt to prove your point.

Three, two, one, go.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
So true. The middle lacks sex appeal. Everything is point/counterpoint. Very few talking heads defend establishment/traditional liberalism. When will the left realize we're their allies. They wrongly think they can create change without us. In the very end, it makes for never being the policy maker, always looking in from the outside.

The middle is vanilla. Nowadays people want flash and craziness. It sells sadly. Social media keeps that going. People get all hyped up on stupid trivial things and could care less about important stuff. It will probably go back to some sort of normalcy eventually but for now we are all in it for the ride.

Oct 2017
south area
Bullshit, you just don't like to see your idol, Trump being called into question with all his fuck ups.
Trump is not my idol, I voted for the guy who didn't know what Aleppo is. You alt left extremists really jump to conclusions.

I take it you're a CNN lover. Makes sense. The alt left extremists love bigots like Brazille.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
I tried to do a comparison of some stories as they appeared across media outlets...

The first few tries failed because the CNN version was like it was describing a completely different event from the rest...

To a point where just about the only consistent data point was the dates in question.