Trump can brag about another record

Dec 2019
Washington, D.C.
Actually, Obama added far more to the national debt than ANY president.

Ever!

It's not even close!
Obama’s Administration (and lets make it clear, Congress was involved, and budgets are set in Sept. of a POTUS’s first year) raised the National Debt $8.6T for a 74% increase.

Reagan’s Administration raised the National Debt $1.86T for an increase of 186% (nobody’s even close), and took us into the trillion-dollar debt category and set the stage for the debt spiral we find ourselves in. His $1.86T was much more damaging than Obama’s $8.6T, because it is what opened the door for Obama and others to incur massage debt. We were basically balancing budgets until Reagan; it’s not even debatable.

Last edited:
Jul 2014
midwest
Obama’s Administration (and lets make it clear, Congress was involved, and budgets are set in Sept. of a POTUS’s first year) raised the National Debt $8.6T for a 74% increase.

Reagan’s Administration raised the National Debt $1.86T for an increase of 186% (nobody’s even close), and took us into the trillion-dollar debt category and set the stage for the debt spiral we find ourselves in. His $1.86T was much more damaging than Obama’s $8.6T, because it is what opened the door for Obama and others to incur massage debt. We were basically balancing budgets until Reagan; it’s not even debatable.
Nah, more like $9.3 Trillion.

Of course different bean counters can come up with different numbers.

Is that clear?

Dec 2019
Washington, D.C.
Nah, more like $9.3 Trillion.

Of course different bean counters can come up with different numbers.

Is that clear?
Absolutely. Just like the POTUS who is office can be saddled with debt from previous administrations. So things like commitments to Israel, Desert Storm costs, interest on foreign loans, etc., are all things that got passed onto Obama. We are in a debt spiral, and it is going to be hard to get out of if not impossible with the way politicians spend money.

Reactions: Hollywood
Jul 2014
midwest
Absolutely. Just like the POTUS who is office can be saddled with debt from previous administrations. So things like commitments to Israel, Desert Storm costs, interest on foreign loans, etc., are all things that got passed onto Obama. We are in a debt spiral, and it is going to be hard to get out of if not impossible with the way politicians spend money.
You are right about one thing.

We are in a debt spiral, and have been for quite a while.

I don't see that changing anytime soon...

Dec 2019
Washington, D.C.
You are right about one thing.

We are in a debt spiral, and have been for quite a while.

I don't see that changing anytime soon...
I’m right about a whole lot more than just this one thing, but it was nice for you to acknowledge one of those things anyway.

Jul 2014
midwest
I’m right about a whole lot more than just this one thing, but it was nice for you to acknowledge one of those things anyway.
Thanks for the compliment.

I guess...

But, you were right about the way politicians spend money, too.

See, that's yet ANOTHER thing you were right about!

America has the best politicians money can buy!

May 2019
West Haven
That's the only way to go.

I have no desire to be beholden to the Corrupt Dems or Corrupt Repubs.

As William Wallace once said..."Freedom!"

Well, he said it in the movie, anyway...
How does registering as a Democrat or a Republican make you beholden to either party?
It’s not like you have to pay dues that support their agendas. It’s not like you are required to vote for party candidates. It’s not like you are required to support or work for anybody.
In my state you can only vote in the primary of the party you are registered with. So there is a reason to register with one if the parties.
I realize that is not the case in many states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2019
Washington, D.C.
Thanks for the compliment.

I guess...

But, you were right about the way politicians spend money, too.

See, that's yet ANOTHER thing you were right about!

America has the best politicians money can buy!
Too bad they don’t come a little cheaper. You know those “lobbyists” costs are passed on to you and I.

• Love
Reactions: the bull59