Trump celebrates with Mar-a-Lago guests on TaxReform: "You all just got a lot richer"

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
A bunch of Republican strategists around the country just threw up their Christmas turkey and spent the rest of the night sobbing into their pillows.

He is actively sabotaging the party at this point. How purposefully doesn't really matter --- the sooner they're rid of him, the better.

Reactions: 1 person

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
Don't we want people to get richer? Where's the problem here?

All the crying Republican stuff is just left wing partisan dreams. I sure hope your link is not posing as a news story if this type of commentary is in the article.

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program

All the crying Republican stuff is just left wing partisan dreams. I sure hope your link is not posing as a news story if this type of commentary is in the article.
do you think those guests were middle class? And no, I don’t want everyone to get richer if it means cutting Medicare and social security.

Reactions: 7 people
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio

I assume you are one of the guests. If you are not it is hard to understand your dumb post.

Reactions: 9 people

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Trump has said all along that his bill will not enrich the wealthy, and that he in fact will pay considerably higher taxes as a consequence of this.

Otherwise, man, the generic midterm ballots by some accounts is a D 15+ edge. Republicans won in 2010 with a generic ballot advantage of ~12.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Jun 2007
Wisconsin

What do you define as richer?

Oct 2011
Washington State
A bunch of Republican strategists around the country just threw up their Christmas turkey and spent the rest of the night sobbing into their pillows.

He is actively sabotaging the party at this point. How purposefully doesn't really matter --- the sooner they're rid of him, the better.
Trump's doing what most Republicans President's do.

Walk In, Fuck Shit Up, Walk Out.

See Avatar.

Then, when Democrats don't clean it up fast enough, they bitch.

Reactions: 5 people

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
No, this is not a Republican thing he's doing. He's not engaging in a partisan thing here, it's all about him.

He has pushed his party, which could've passed and campaigned on a simple across-the-board tax cut that may not have been wise policy but at least would have been fair, into instead awarding a MASSIVE, imbalanced payoff for shareholders, controllers of capital and the idle rich like himself. And now he's publicly celebrating it.

If the GOP remains loyal to behavior like that, the GOP is dead. They are going to crash out of power and be forever tainted by it. Conservatives should be deeply alarmed by the threat he represents to the longterm credibility of their movement.

Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2014
Border Fence

I feel sorry for the poor Rust Belt suckers that bought the GOP's lies and Donald Trump's empty promises....hook, line and sinker.

Donald Trump's lies don't hurt me. ...but those poor saps actually believed Donald Trump gave a shit about them and their problems.

In south Texas we have a saying. Trump gave them the "chord". Chord is a nick-name for chorizo.... the sausage.

Do you like sausage?

Reactions: 4 people
Sep 2013
On a hill

Not at the expense of the middle class.

Reactions: 2 people