Trump celebrates with Mar-a-Lago guests on TaxReform: "You all just got a lot richer"

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Trump's doing what most Republicans President's do.

Walk In, Fuck Shit Up, Walk Out.

See Avatar.

Then, when Democrats don't clean it up fast enough, they bitch.
You forgot the devaluing and then the buying of the pieces at pennies on the dollar. The real pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Don't we want people to get richer? Where's the problem here?

All the crying Republican stuff is just left wing partisan dreams. I sure hope your link is not posing as a news story if this type of commentary is in the article.
Oligarchs are your friends?

Amelia

Former Staff
Jun 2014
Wisconsin
Trump has said all along that his bill will not enrich the wealthy, and that he in fact will pay considerably higher taxes as a consequence of this.

Otherwise, man, the generic midterm ballots by some accounts is a D 15+ edge. Republicans won in 2010 with a generic ballot advantage of ~12.
Trump will pay higher taxes because of this?

I gotta see a link on that.

This bill will not enrich the wealthy? Trump said that and you're repeating it as truth? Please, Crusher, I know how smart you are, and a straight shooter. I can hardly believe you typed that. If you come up with a link for how Trump will pay higher taxes, please @ me. I need to see that.

Oct 2013
USA
Don't we want people to get richer? Where's the problem here?

All the crying Republican stuff is just left wing partisan dreams. I sure hope your link is not posing as a news story if this type of commentary is in the article.
Unless you are wealthy and benefitting from getting more of what you don't need there is no hope for you in a shrinking middle class. If you are in the middle class and you haven't figured out you are going to be one of those paying for this then I'm not going to tell you.

Reactions: 2 people
Sep 2012
California
A bunch of Republican strategists around the country just threw up their Christmas turkey and spent the rest of the night sobbing into their pillows.

He is actively sabotaging the party at this point. How purposefully doesn't really matter --- the sooner they're rid of him, the better.
He doesn't even pretend anymore, his followers worship money and the rich as if they were Gods. In fact, they love him more the richer he gets. It is quite remarkable. Sad.

Reactions: 3 people

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
He doesn't even pretend anymore, his followers worship money and the rich as if they were Gods. In fact, they love him more the richer he gets. It is quite remarkable. Sad.
There's a lot of reason to believe that between 15 and 20 percent of his supporters, especially in the Rust Belt, are wavering.

If all of that group votes Democratic or stays home in November, the Dems will get Congress on a silver platter.

That is essentially what happened in Alabama, and most of the critical states will not be nearly as red.

Last edited:
Jul 2014
Border Fence
There's a lot of reason to believe that between 15 and 20 percent of his supporters, especially in the Rust Belt, are wavering.

If all of that group votes Democratic or stays home in November, the Dems will get Congress on a silver platter.

That is essentially what happened in Alabama, and most of the critical states will not be nearly as red.
I believe the rust belt supporters are gone already. Coal country supporters are still hanging on but not workers in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania or Ohio.

Trump has lost those margins of victory in those 4 states long ago.

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
A bunch of Republican strategists around the country just threw up their Christmas turkey and spent the rest of the night sobbing into their pillows.

He is actively sabotaging the party at this point. How purposefully doesn't really matter --- the sooner they're rid of him, the better.
Trump finally tells the truth, and you say he's sabotaging the party.

yes, sarcasm, definitely, but you knew that anyway.