Trump claims he's more popular than Jesus!

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
....and Buddha, Moses and Muhammad! Remember the uproar RWers had when John Lennon said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus? I doubt they'll say anything against the almighty Trump much less crucify him for claiming to "get more promotion than any human being that's ever lived".

"You don't think I get enough promotion?" Trump said the meeting. "I get more promotion than any human being that's ever lived... some good, some bad."

pro·mo·tion
/prəˈmōSH(ə)n/.
activity that supports or provides active encouragement for the furtherance of a cause, venture, or aim.

Rasselas

Feb 2010
USA
....and Buddha, Moses and Muhammad! Remember the uproar RWers had when John Lennon said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus? I doubt they'll say anything against the almighty Trump much less crucify him for claiming to "get more promotion than any human being that's ever lived".

"You don't think I get enough promotion?" Trump said the meeting. "I get more promotion than any human being that's ever lived... some good, some bad."

pro·mo·tion
/prəˈmōSH(ə)n/.
activity that supports or provides active encouragement for the furtherance of a cause, venture, or aim.
He didn't name anyone specifically and so it's not as provocative as what John Lennon said about the Beatles and Jesus.

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
Actually, as far as things Trump says, he's pretty close to on the mark with this one (the actual quote, not the somewhat misleading headline).

Reactions: The Man and Bad Bob
Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Actually, as far as things Trump says, he's pretty close to on the mark with this one (the actual quote, not the somewhat misleading headline).
Agreed. Saying "get more promotion than any human being that's ever lived" is very specific. Not "most", not "this century" but "ever lived". That covers Jesus, Buddha, etc. Not Santa Claus, of course. :)