Trump denied calling Jeff Sessions — or anyone — 'mentally retarded,' but old records show he has

Feb 2007
In my mind
Good lord Captain Von Tangerine.

How about you just stop denying your own past. You have said horrible things. You have said them publicly. There is a record of these things.

Yet you, in contrast with reality, insist you did not say them.

I simply find it amazing that no matter what the president is accused of saying or doing, he says it never happened, when it clearly has.

Trump denied calling Jeff Sessions — or anyone — 'mentally retarded,' but old records show he has

"The already discredited Woodward book, so many lies and phony sources, has me calling Jeff Sessions 'mentally retarded' and 'a dumb southerner,'" Trump tweeted. "I said NEITHER, never used those terms on anyone, including Jeff, and being a southerner is a GREAT thing. He made this up to divide!"

But audio recordings of previous interviews contradict Trump's claim that he never called anyone "mentally retarded." In an interview with shock jock Howard Stern from 2004, Trump claimed to recall a conversation with his golf instructor:

"I have a golf pro who's mentally retarded," Trump said, according to the Huffington Post. "I mean he's really not a smart guy."

In another interview with Stern in 2004, Trump decried a "negative" news report that scrutinized his financial dealings and threatened to "sue their ass off."

Jul 2015
Florida
It's one of the phrases TOM ARNOLD has repeatedly said TRUMP CALLED HIS KID on that unreleased tape a whole bunch of people says exists. Just a coincidence he's calling his calling his appointees mentally retarded. Right?

You know that is a PHRASE from my/TRUMP's generation. Except when we got be GROWNUP, we left in the past.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
It's one of the phrases TOM ARNOLD has repeatedly said TRUMP CALLED HIS KID on that unreleased tape a whole bunch of people says exists. Just a coincidence he's calling his calling his appointees mentally retarded. Right?

You know that is a PHRASE from my/TRUMP's generation. Except when we got be GROWNUP, we left in the past.
Why isn't NBC finding a way to release his Apprentice tapes?