Trump distancing himself from Giuliani

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
I've Got Nowhere Else to Go
MSNBC, where I go when I need to hear the under-represented perspective of Microsoft/NBC/Universal/Comcast.

Reactions: johnflesh
May 2019
midwest
Ah, the sound of bus wheels. HEAR THAT THUMP THUMP? That's RICO Rudy thrown under the bus by traitor trump/DISINFORMATION Donnie.

Now we find out if Rudy has an insurance policy. and if he does, will it cover backstabs?? We should soon find out.
:cool:

Trump Denies Sending Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine for Biden Probe
November 26, 2019, 4:22 PM CST
Updated on November 26, 2019, 7:36 PM CST

'Donald Trump denied directing Rudy Giuliani to go to Ukraine to look for dirt on his political rivals, in an interview with former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly.

“No, I didn’t direct him, but he is a warrior, he is a warrior,” Trump told O’Reilly in an interview streamed on the internet on Tuesday.

Giuliani has said publicly that he conducted an investigation “concerning 2016 Ukrainian collusion and corruption” on Trump’s behalf.

Asked by O’Reilly what Giuliani was doing in Ukraine, Trump said “you have to ask that to Rudy.”

“Rudy has other clients, other than me,” Trump said. “He’s done a lot of work in Ukraine over the years.”'

more @ link

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

Trump should be careful because history says, when he tries to pin things on his lawyers, they tend to fight back.
Welp, Trump hasn't pardoned Manafort or Flynn. I think his closest advisors mistakenly thought he had any loyalty towards them.

Whereas I doubt he has any loyalty towards his own children.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Among the 1,001 other ways Trump may have criminal liability for Giuliani's activities in Eastern Europe, if Trump paid him (especially if he used campaign funds), he can't now credibly claim he wasn't directing Giuliani.

There's a paper trail, and this should include Giuliani's invoices to Trump (almost certainly not privileged.) There's an answer and it is 99% likely to be Trump is now lying about Giuliani pursuing matters for himself or for other clients, which is itself a crime (obstruction of justice.)

Giuliani is being investigated by Congress, New York state and his wife's divorce attorney. He's not going to get by with blanket denials.

Last edited:
Sep 2016
My own world
Welp, Trump hasn't pardoned Manafort or Flynn. I think his closest advisors mistakenly thought he had any loyalty towards them.

Whereas I doubt he has any loyalty towards his own children.
He will, Christmas 2020, win or lose. At that point he will not care about the consequences. I'd bet money on it. I think that's the only reason Guiliani isn't going to flip on Trump. He knows Trump will pardon him to keep him from talking but Guiliani isn't willing to spend any time in jail or go through any court case. He'll have to pardon Guiliani even before there is a trial.

Sep 2016
My own world
Among the 1,001 other ways Trump may have criminal liability for Giuliani's activities in Eastern Europe, if Trump paid him (especially if he used campaign funds), he can't now credibly claim he wasn't directing Giuliani.

There's a paper trail, and this should include Giuliani's invoices to Trump (almost certainly not privileged.) There's an answer and it is 99% likely to be Trump is now lying about Giuliani pursuing matters for himself or for other clients, which is itself a crime (obstruction of justice.)

Giuliani is being investigated by Congress, New York state and his wife's divorce attorney. He's not going to get by with blanket denials.
He can't deny it either way. He is on the phone telling the Ukrainian President he should contact Guiliani. That is putting Trump's personal interest in the hands of his personal lawyer. Guiliani and Trump also acknowledged their relationship on TV.