Trump, Distracted by Greenland, Couldn't Focus on the Ukraine

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
"As senior security officials tried to get a meeting with President Donald Trump to convince him to release the hold on military aid to Ukraine, the administration's attention was elsewhere, according to newly released evidence.

A 324-page transcript of closed-door testimony of Bill Taylor, the top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine, released Wednesday revealed that the meeting was difficult to arrange partly because the president's national security advisors and Cabinet officials were busy dealing with his desire to buy Greenland.

*Skip*

Trump sparked a diplomatic row with Denmark in August after he expressed interest in buying Greenland.

The Danish government adamantly rejected the idea, saying the autonomous territory was not for sale. Greenlanders mocked Trump, and he ended up canceling a visit to Denmark.

Taylor has served as chargé d’affaires at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine since June. He served as U.S. ambassador to Ukraine from 2006 to 2009.

*Skip*"

Astonishing.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Can you post this transcript that's being referenced here or are we just suppose to take Fake News NBC's word on this one?

I'm thinking this is another NBC "Docugate" or "Edited George Zimmerman 9/11 tapes" story.

Reactions: Gooseberrymesa
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Here you go. Not that hard to find. The relevant section is pages 132-133.
Thanks .....

I have trouble accessing NBC most of the time.

So it appears that Bill Taylor "thinks" (his words not mine) that this awful hold up was "about the time of the Greenland question, about purchasing Greenland"

Taylor doesn't use the word distracted.

That's Fake News NBC's word.

Well guys .....

I think you have finally found the smoking gun.

Who could have ever thought Presidential work could be busy and that some things may not happen immediately.

But, keep in mind the aid was released to the Ukrainians who were never even aware that there was a hold up.

This is another TDS hit piece from Fake News NBC and is utterly meaningless in the real world.

I honestly wonder why so many on the Left can't see this.

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
Taylor doesn't use the word distracted.

That's Fake News NBC's word.
No, that was Madeline's word - NBC doesn't use it. I do agree it was a silly thing to focus on - Taylor himself said that wasn't important. He was just discussing difficulties in scheduling a meeting between busy people. NBC are just going for a catchy headline.

There are much more important things to look at in this testimony, like where he repeatedly says that the administration was holding the aid in order to pressure the Ukrainian government into helping him make Biden look bad for Trump's personal political gain.

But, keep in mind the aid was released to the Ukrainians who were never even aware that there was a hold up.
They weren't? That's funny, because having just downloaded Taylor's testimony I was reading all about how they were very much aware:

THE CHAIRMAN: One of my colleagues in the minority asked you about, well, how could it be a quid pro quo if the Ukrainians didn't know that security assistance was withheld. But Ukraine found out it was being withheld, did they not?
AMBASSADOR TAYLOR: They did.

He goes on to discuss at length how embarrassed he felt that he was not able to answer straightforward questions about why the money was being withheld

THE CHAIRMAN: 5o when you're asked about this by Mr. Yermak on August 29th, you're embarrassed because you hadn't been able to get an answer as to why the aid was withheld and you felt it desperately ought to be provided.
AMBASSAD0R TAYL0R: I'm a representative of the United States Government out there, and he asked me a perfectly legitimate question, why are you holding up this assistance,
and I couldn't tell him.

But, according to Taylor's testimony, somebody else could answer that question

THE CHAIRMAN: Now, the final paragraph on page 10: "During this same phone call I had with Mr. Morrison, he went on to describe a conversation Ambassador Sondland had with
Mr. Yermak at Warsaw. Ambassador Sondland told Mr. Yermak that the security assistance money would not come until President Zelensky committed to pursue the Burisma
investigation."

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
No, that was Madeline's word - NBC doesn't use it. I do agree it was a silly thing to focus on - Taylor himself said that wasn't important. He was just discussing difficulties in scheduling a meeting between busy people. NBC are just going for a catchy headline.

There are much more important things to look at in this testimony, like where he repeatedly says that the administration was holding the aid in order to pressure the Ukrainian government into helping him make Biden look bad for Trump's personal political gain.

They weren't? That's funny, because having just downloaded Taylor's testimony I was reading all about how they were very much aware:

THE CHAIRMAN: One of my colleagues in the minority asked you about, well, how could it be a quid pro quo if the Ukrainians didn't know that security assistance was withheld. But Ukraine found out it was being withheld, did they not?

He goes on to discuss at length how embarrassed he felt that he was not able to answer straightforward questions about why the money was being withheld

THE CHAIRMAN: 5o when you're asked about this by Mr. Yermak on August 29th, you're embarrassed because you hadn't been able to get an answer as to why the aid was withheld and you felt it desperately ought to be provided.
AMBASSAD0R TAYL0R: I'm a representative of the United States Government out there, and he asked me a perfectly legitimate question, why are you holding up this assistance,
and I couldn't tell him.

THE CHAIRMAN: Now, the final paragraph on page 10: "During this same phone call I had with Mr. Morrison, he went on to describe a conversation Ambassador Sondland had with
Mr. Yermak at Warsaw. Ambassador Sondland told Mr. Yermak that the security assistance money would not come until President Zelensky committed to pursue the Burisma
investigation."
KRYPTONITE!! Must be dismissed and buried forever.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas

and I couldn't tell him.

investigation."
Yes we have all heard the accusation.

The problem here is they don't have anyone from the Ukrainian side of this equation who will testify that they were aware of this said Quid Pro Quo.

In fact the Ukrainians, including Zelensky himself, are all denying they had knowledge of this said Quid Pro Quo.

If the Ukrainians didn't have knowledge of it and the aid was released without any "dirt" on Biden, then there is no Quid Pro Quo.

It's dead in the water, Adam Schitt knows it and they are now moving on and focusing the Impeachment Hoax on Bribery and Obstruction.

The Quid Pro Quo Hoax is dead, but you wouldn't know that if you follow the Fake News MSM, like NBC ......

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Yes we have all heard the accusation.

The problem here is they don't have anyone from the Ukrainian side of this equation who will testify that they were aware of this said Quid Pro Quo.

In fact the Ukrainians, including Zelensky himself, are all denying they had knowledge of this said Quid Pro Quo.
This isn't that hard to figure out: Ukraine is fearful that if they come out and confirm the testimony, Trump will retaliate.

Unlike U.S. witnesses before Congress, who Trump generally can't touch despite his commands for them to not testify, Trump absolutely can hurt Ukraine.

When you're dealing with a case of extortion or blackmail, until the accused is behind bars, or otherwise restrained, what the alleged victim says is not very reliable.

They're still being held over a barrel.

and the aid was released without any "dirt" on Biden, then there is no Quid Pro Quo.
The aid was released once Congress learned of this little scheme and leaders on both sides of the aisle began agitating for Trump to release it.

Last edited:
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
This isn't that hard to figure out: Ukraine is fearful that if they come out and confirm the testimony, Trump will retaliate.

Unlike U.S. witnesses before Congress, who Trump generally can't touch despite his commands for them to not testify, Trump absolutely can hurt Ukraine.

When you're dealing with a case of extortion or blackmail, until the accused is behind bars, what the alleged victim says is not very reliable.

They're still being held over a barrel.
That is whataboutism and irrelevant.

The only thing that is relevant is that Adam Schitt does not have evidence of a Quid Pro Joe and the Impeachment Hoax is moving on.