Trump Doubles Down: NJ Celebrates as Towers Fall on 9/11

Oct 2010
Donald Trump Again Insists He Saw Celebrations in New Jersey on Sept. 11

In Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday, Donald J. Trump said that “thousands and thousands of people were cheering”
while the World Trade Center towers fell on Sept. 11, 2001.

In Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday, Donald J. Trump said that “thousands and thousands of people were cheering” while the World Trade Center towers fell on Sept. 11, 2001.

It’s a scene that, as Donald J. Trump describes it, would seem to be seared into the American consciousness.

“I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down,” he told a crowd in Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday. “And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down.”

No news reports exist of people cheering in the streets, and both police officials and the mayor of Jersey City have said that it did not happen. An Internet rumor about people cheering in the streets, which said it was in Paterson, not Jersey City, has been denied numerous times by city and police officials.

But when pressed on Sunday by George Stephanopoulos in an interview, Mr. Trump emphatically stuck to his story.

“It did happen, I saw it,” Mr. Trump said. “It was on television. I saw it.”

When reminded that police said it didn’t happen, Mr. Trump again insisted that he saw it.

“I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it, but there were people cheering as that building came down — as those buildings came down. And that tells you something,” he said. “It was well covered at the time, George.” --NYTimes
There's something wrong with this man's brain.

Perhaps it's ingrown hairs . . . ? :smiley-shrug:

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2007
Middle of nowhere Arkansas
Donald Trump Again Insists He Saw Celebrations in New Jersey on Sept. 11

In Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday, Donald J. Trump said that “thousands and thousands of people were cheering”
while the World Trade Center towers fell on Sept. 11, 2001.

There's something wrong with this man's brain.

Perhaps it's ingrown hairs . . . ? :smiley-shrug:
Well i dunno bout jersey but they did in Palestine. I remember seeing that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
He might be talking about being in New Jersey, and seeing it on television.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
I think you are right. I think that he was in New Jersey watching the celebrations in Palestine on television. I vaguely remember seeing them myself.

Dec 2007
Middle of nowhere Arkansas
...or mebbe' he's misremembering. Personally I don't care. He's just another New York liberal. He won't be president.

Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
Reactions: 1 person
Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
ISIL counts on tools like blowhard trump..they know full well someone like him can't control his massive ego.