Trump finally did something for LITTLE people: MILLIONS signing up for Obamacare

Jul 2015
Florida
Well, I guess I should have seen this coming. Just didn't think about it now that I'm on Medicare, the 'socialized medical system'. In fear of OBAMACARE being repealed, people are jumping on board to sign up. I'll assume in anticipation of "lets see how many people the GOP congress and Trump will be willing to knock off the rolls once even MORE people have it."

(Save your keystrokes, I know the fine is going up $695, but ACCORDING TO THE RIGHT it would still be cheaper to pay the FINE then to sign up. Gee. I guess people do want HEALTH INSURANCE. Who knew?)

U.S. | Wed Dec 21, 2016 | 4:01pm EST
U.S. says 6.4 million signed up for Obamacare from November 1: Dec. 19

By Toni Clarke | NEW YORK

Roughly 6.4 million consumers signed up for Obamacare insurance on Healthcare.gov from Nov. 1 to Dec. 19 indicating "clear demand for quality, affordable coverage," the U.S. government said on Wednesday.

The number of people signing up for Jan. 1, 2017 coverage during this period represents an increase of 400,000 compared with the same period a year ago, the government said. Total plan selections through the extended deadline of Dec. 19 include 2.05 million new consumers and 4.31 million returning consumers actively renewing their coverage.

HealthCare.gov sells plans for 39 states while the other states run their own exchanges. Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell told reporters on a conference call that the government's previous enrollment projection for 2017 "is one we continue to feel comfortable with."

In October the government said it expects 1 million more people will sign up for health insurance on the exchanges than in 2016. The exchanges, established under President Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act, allows consumers to shop for individual health insurance and receive income-based subsidies.

The government at that time said it expects 13.8 million people to sign up for 2017 coverage compared with 12.7 million in 2016.

Dec. 15, the original deadline for Jan. 1, 2017 coverage, was the biggest sign-up day since the plans went on sale in 2014, with 670,000 plan selections, up from last year's Dec. 15 figure of 600,000. The government said it extended the enrollment period by two business days to meet high demand...

U.S. says 6.4 million signed up for Obamacare from November 1: Dec. 19 | Reuters

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2014
Border Fence
GOP and Trump are going to do way better. They are going to offer EVERY America the opportunity to health care insurance.

You can't beat that.

FULL [opportunity to buy their own health care] COVERAGE!

May 2012
By the wall
I hope they get rid of that dumb ass fine before tax season.

Or maybe they will keep it there so people who can't afford it finally realize how Obama fucked them out of their tax returns.

Jul 2014
midwest
I hope they get rid of that dumb ass fine before tax season.

Or maybe they will keep it there so people who can't afford it finally realize how Obama fucked them out of their tax returns.
MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Yes, lots of people do not understand about the penalty at tax time...

Jul 2015
Florida
GOP and Trump are going to do way better. They are going to offer EVERY America the opportunity to health care insurance.

You can't beat that.

FULL [opportunity to buy their own health care] COVERAGE!
And at a price they can AFFORD. You believe that don't you people?

Reactions: 1 person

NiteGuy

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Teardrop City
And many do. So they're either signing up because they WANT INSURANCE or don't want to pay the fine.
And the best part? A whole lot of those signups came from states that Trump won in the election -

A record number of people signed up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act for the coming year, the Obama administration announced Wednesday, with the most people selecting coverage in states that Donald Trump won in November.

Some 6.4 million people signed up by the mid-December deadline, 400,000 more enrollees than the same time period last year, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.

In a twist, the states with the most people selecting coverage all went for Trump in the presidential election: Florida, with just under 1.3 million selections, Texas, with about 776,000, North Carolina with 369,077, Georgia with 352,000 and Pennsylvania with 290,950.

States Won by Trump Have Highest 'Obamacare' Enrollment - ABC News
This could get interesting, if Trump does repeal Obamacare. He's going to be pissing off a bunch of his constituents.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
I stated my prediction.

Trump will tweak Obamacare. Nothing major - just adjusting a few provisions. He'll hype these adjustments up tremendously, and claim that it's no longer Obamacare. Obamacare has been REPEALED - and he's replaced it with is own better system. Bigly.

Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2013
NY
And the best part? A whole lot of those signups came from states that Trump won in the election -

This could get interesting, if Trump does repeal Obamacare. He's going to be pissing off a bunch of his constituents.
Those constituents of his who voted for him, they would deserve to have their health care taken away and to die in the streets.

Sadly we can't take it only from them, and millions of innocent, thinking people get trashed along with them.

Nov 2013
NY
I stated my prediction.

Trump will tweak Obamacare. Nothing major - just adjusting a few provisions. He'll hype these adjustments up tremendously, and claim that it's no longer Obamacare. Obamacare has been REPEALED - and he's replaced it with is own better system. Bigly.
The only "tweak" he could get past his minions, would be to eliminate the mandate.. and in that moment, he kills the whole thing, because it's not working anymore right away... costs would go through the roof, and they're already too high because of all the loopholes the ACA still has..