Trump gives himself 'A pluses' on 'hurricane work,' blames Maria on San Juan mayor

Jan 2016
Colorado
I am not sure that the president even realized Puerto Rico was a US territory, nor what it meant. I think that as a marginal sociopath, he lacks the empathy to feel anything for anyone, and instead only thinks of himself and his own gratification.
Former CIA guy Phil Mudd: "Donald Trump has the empathy of a rattlesnake and the morals of a sewer rat."

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I would dispute this. I rather think his DNA is polluting the human gene pool.
If you guys look at my interactions with Rev recently we have been able to disagree without making it personal. We don't agree on some stuff, and still manage to leave each other's dna alone. Don't you think this sort of flaming is going overboard?

IMO, if it's getting to that point, just use the ignore feature instead. You'll save yourself some stress and keep the threads more on topic.

Nov 2010
If you guys look at my interactions with Rev recently we have been able to disagree without making it personal. We don't agree on some stuff, and still manage to leave each other's dna alone. Don't you think this sort of flaming is going overboard?

IMO, if it's getting to that point, just use the ignore feature instead. You'll save yourself some stress and keep the threads more on topic.
All Rev does is troll and flame. As usual, everybody else is the problem, not the dumb fucking trolls

it's every thread against tons of posters. There is no argument ever from him, just deflections and dumb questions, then whining. Right out of the troll handbook

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
What more could a president have done?
I'm gonna have to get back to you. I think he did pretty much nothing but a photo op, then decided he won, and moved on. I guess that's the place to start is to look at what actually was done. Then maybe compare to how other presidents dealt with other disasters. But, I can't do all that right now. I'm on and off, due to some ongoing trouble tickets.

Anyway, take all with a grain of salt too... because like I said, I'm not a disaster management consultant either.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I don't remember Obama boasting about how great he handled Super storm Sandy.................. I do remember a " you're doing a hell of a job Brownie " !!
Even if it were a mistake... I definitely preferred Bush's standing up for his team, over Trump's undercutting his team.

Jul 2011
NYC
I'm gonna have to get back to you. I think he did pretty much nothing but a photo op, then decided he won, and moved on. I guess that's the place to start is to look at what actually was done. Then maybe compare to how other presidents dealt with other disasters. But, I can't do all that right now. I'm on and off, due to some ongoing trouble tickets.

Anyway, take all with a grain of salt too... because like I said, I'm not a disaster management consultant either.

I have to look too. My point is what a president can do is limited. What could he have done and didn’t that past presidents did would be what to look for.