Trump: I pass a lot of bills. Also, the Democrats won’t let me pass bills.

Feb 2007
In my mind
I really think the president does not have a fundamental understanding of our branches of government and how they work with or against each other.

Take, for instance, a series of his tweets, some of them minutes apart, whihc contradict each other. In one, he says how awesome he is and how he has passed so much legislation, which the president does not do but that is an aside, then he goes on to say how Democrats control the Senate and things can not get passed.

So which one is it?

Congress is not a rubber stamp for the president just because the party that he is loosely affiliated with has the majority. Couple that with the president's utter disinterest in legislation or its details and you seem to have a frustrated man child who likes to toot his own horn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/08/25/trump-i-pass-a-lot-of-bills-also-the-democrats-wont-let-me-pass-bills/?utm_term=.82cf60ec8dc9

See if you can spot the contradiction in these two tweets President Trump posted Friday morning.
If Senate Republicans don't get rid of the Filibuster Rule and go to a 51% majority, few bills will be passed. 8 Dems control the Senate!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 25, 2017

Few, if any, Administrations have done more in just 7 months than the Trump A. Bills passed, regulations killed, border, military, ISIS, SC!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 25, 2017

Reactions: 6 people
May 2012
By the wall
He's signed 43 bills into law in about 6 months.

Pulled us out of a major trade deal and is about to renegotiate another one.

Pulled us out of the Paris accords.

Started designing the wall, picked a supreme court nominee.

How can you say he hasn't done anything?

He's been extremely busy.

May 2012
By the wall
He's signed many bi-partisan (most of them actually) bills.

His veteran affairs bill had a ton of support on both sides.

You guys hate on him and you don't even know why.

Feb 2007
In my mind
He's signed 43 bills into law in about 6 months.

Pulled us out of a major trade deal and is about to renegotiate another one.

Pulled us out of the Paris accords.

Started designing the wall, picked a supreme court nominee.

How can you say he hasn't done anything?

He's been extremely busy.

Wow. 43 bills? Please, what bills that anyone has ever fucking heard of?

Reactions: 1 person

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
But at the end of the day, it's the substance of the laws, not the number enacted, that truly matters. According to an analysis from CNN, of the bills Trump has signed into law, only two created new policy.

One of those laws, the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act, signed on August 2, imposed new sanctions on Russia. It also limits Trump's ability to ease or alter the sanctions without congressional approval, which he contended represented an assault on his executive power. (Note - he did NOT want to sign this one - had to do it because otherwise a veto)

The other law, the Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017, signed on June 23, granted the Department of Veterans Affairs more power to dismiss inept employees and to protect those who uncover wrongdoing. To Trump's credit, this law is an example of him making good on a campaign promise.

How Many Bills Has Trump Actually Signed Into Law?

Reactions: 3 people
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
But at the end of the day, it's the substance of the laws, not the number enacted, that truly matters. According to an analysis from CNN, of the bills Trump has signed into law, only two created new policy.

One of those laws, the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act, signed on August 2, imposed new sanctions on Russia. It also limits Trump's ability to ease or alter the sanctions without congressional approval, which he contended represented an assault on his executive power. (Note - he did NOT want to sign this one - had to do it because otherwise a veto)

The other law, the Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017, signed on June 23, granted the Department of Veterans Affairs more power to dismiss inept employees and to protect those who uncover wrongdoing. To Trump's credit, this law is an example of him making good on a campaign promise.

How Many Bills Has Trump Actually Signed Into Law?
Two bills, wow, no wonder Spooky is ecstatic....

Reactions: 2 people