Trump: I'm '100 percent' willing to testify under oath

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
President Trump said Friday he is "100 percent" willing to testify under oath about his interactions with James Comey in order to dispute the fired FBI director’s claims.

“One hundred percent,” Trump said when asked if he would give a sworn statement to Robert Mueller, the special counsel leading the investigation into Russia’s election interference.

"I would be glad to tell him exactly what I told you,” the president said during a press conference in the White House Rose Garden.

In his first comments since Comey's dramatic testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Trump accused the ousted FBI chief of making false statements about their private conversations.
Trump: I'm '100 percent' willing to testify under oath | TheHill

it was easy to see this one coming. I called it yesterday when I saw the "she said he said" strategy Trump was using. Thing is with a liar like Trump a pledge to give testimony under oath means nothing. A first year law student would tell him that's a bad idea. Under oath a character like Trump is likely to get caught up in a lie and end up being charged with perjury.

Reactions: 2 people
Oct 2011
Washington State
President Trump said Friday he is "100 percent" willing to testify under oath about his interactions with James Comey in order to dispute the fired FBI director’s claims.

“One hundred percent,” Trump said when asked if he would give a sworn statement to Robert Mueller, the special counsel leading the investigation into Russia’s election interference.

"I would be glad to tell him exactly what I told you,” the president said during a press conference in the White House Rose Garden.

In his first comments since Comey's dramatic testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Trump accused the ousted FBI chief of making false statements about their private conversations.
Trump: I'm '100 percent' willing to testify under oath | TheHill

it was easy to see this one coming. I called it yesterday when I saw the "she said he said" strategy Trump was using. Thing is with a liar like Trump a pledge to give testimony under oath means nothing. A first year law student would tell him that's a bad idea. Under oath a character like Trump is likely to get caught up in a lie and end up being charged with perjury.
I have a feeling Trump will regret those words.

Reactions: 3 people
Jul 2015
Florida
Let him SWEAT IT. Mueller will call him in when Mueller needs to call him in. I feel more than certain, TRUMP will be toast. It's not a matter of matching wits, as he has not wits!

Reactions: 1 person

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Since when has BLOTUS ever followed through on something he said in a press conference???

Reactions: 4 people
May 2012
By the wall
Remember that Trump didn't get to be so successful by being stupid.

You may hate him and think he's a creep but I have no doubt he can handle Meuller just fine.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Remember that Trump didn't get to be so successful by being stupid.

You may hate him and think he's a creep but I have no doubt he can handle Meuller just fine.
He is not above average in intelligence...you don't have to be smart to inherit 140-200 million dollars.

Reactions: 3 people
May 2012
By the wall
He is not above average in intelligence...you don't have to be smart to inherit 140-200 million dollars.
Trump has done plenty on his own.

Hell, he had a #1 rated show on television.

I don't know what his intelligence factor is but he is more than capable of handling an investigation.

God, how many of them has he been through in his life?

He is not going to get flustered by being peppered with questions from Mueller.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I have a feeling Trump will regret those words.
like I say, this was inevitable given his strategy. Comey testified under oath. Unless Trump does the same his denials will be seen as nothing but grandstanding. Especially given his troublesome history with the truth.

Reactions: 1 person