Trump Insulted LeBron James on Twitter. Now His Wife May Visit James’ School

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Melania Trump’s spokeswoman said the first lady is “open to visiting” basketball star LeBron James’s new $8 million school in Ohio for low-income and at-risk students, after the president derided James’s intelligence on Twitter.

“It looks like LeBron James is working to do good things on behalf of our next generation,” Stephanie Grisham said in an emailed statement. “Just as she always has, the First Lady encourages everyone to have an open dialogue about issues facing children today.”
Melania Trump Might Visit LeBron James' School in Ohio | Fortune

kudos to the FLOTUS. I see she's operating under the Michelle Obama theme..."when they go low we go high" ( even if it's her own husband that's going the lowest). I wonder if she'll wait until after the election? This school is off the hook , btw.

Jun 2018
Ford, Washington
Good idea. Let's start talking instead of name calling. Lebron started this crap by calling Trump a "bum". Even the dictator in N. Korea found out talking is better than name calling.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Melania Trump’s spokeswoman said the first lady is “open to visiting” basketball star LeBron James’s new $8 million school in Ohio for low-income and at-risk students, after the president derided James’s intelligence on Twitter.

“It looks like LeBron James is working to do good things on behalf of our next generation,” Stephanie Grisham said in an emailed statement. “Just as she always has, the First Lady encourages everyone to have an open dialogue about issues facing children today.”

kudos to the FLOTUS. I see she's operating under the Michelle Obama theme..."when they go low we go high" ( even if it's her own husband that's going the lowest). I wonder if she'll wait until after the election? This school is off the hook , btw.
His foundation is off the hook as well. The " I Promise" theme is also the name of the scholarships he gives out.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA

Well perhaps instead of visiting the school, she should take his phone away from him and tell him to knock it off. Seen this pattern with her before - like with the migrant kids.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

I fear for Melania's safety, if she defies her husband too openly. I also don't blame her for every fucking destructive thing Trump does or says.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Good idea. Let's start talking instead of name calling. Lebron started this crap by calling Trump a "bum". Even the dictator in N. Korea found out talking is better than name calling.
So, as soon as we agree to trash LeBron, you are prepared to move off the ad hominem attacks?

Yeah. Wait right there, k?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I fear for Melania's safety, if she defies her husband too openly. I also don't blame her for every fucking destructive thing Trump does or says.
agreed. My understanding is that she's a very private person. Complete opposite of her hubby. She doesn't really like being in the public eye. Seems like she's doing her best . I'd like to see her get out and away from her toxic husband.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
agreed. My understanding is that she's a very private person. Complete opposite of her hubby. She doesn't really like being in the public eye. Seems like she's doing her best . I'd like to see her get out and away from her toxic husband.
Then how the heck was she a model? She even did naked photoshoots, for God's sake lol