Trump insults vets with PTSD

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I'm against the government forcing me under threat of fine to use my car blinkers to provide a service to those following me. It's just yet another form of slavery.

Because forcing someone into government service aka conscription is akin to forcing people to turn on and off thier blinkers. /facepalm

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
So when you wonder why I don't deal with you other than in this dismissive manner, you just look at this exchange. you wasted my time again, gufear.
Man, you're trying awfully hard to start a fight today. Didn't you learn anything by the both of us getting thread banned just yesterday?

Reactions: Bad Bob

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Man, you're trying awfully hard to start a fight today. Didn't you learn anything by the both of us getting thread banned just yesterday?

I was unbanned. Thanks for playing. ;)

My post stands, you didn't answer my question. You added nothing of value to the conversation and avoided my question. That's not fight picking, that's reality.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
I love the idea of National Service and I think it would be a good thing for our youth....give them time to figure out what they want to do by focusing on something other than their phones or U tube. :) I agree that the military has enhanced our middle class and offered better futures to those who served. I am still torn on forceful draft tho. Not everyone is cut out for combat....they just don't have it in them to pull the trigger. I am not sure that everyone can turn off their feelings to be an effective combat soldier. I think we lost a lot of soldiers in VN because they were forced to do things they did not want to do or could do as far as their conscience.
The mandatory national service would leave joining the military as optional, not a requirement for the reasons you mentioned. If someone wants to spend two years picking up trash on highways or delivering food in the Appalachians, they can choose that form of service. Learning a skill such as operating a bulldozer or a grader can give 18 year olds the skills to mature and either go to college or just work in that field. IMO, a mandatory service of two years isn't too much to ask. Instead of giving away "free college" offer one year of college per year of service. The schools would be from a list and required to meet accreditation. Two years of state community college followed by, if qualified, two years at a university for those who qualify both by service and grades in community college.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
I'm against the government forcing me under threat of fine to use my car blinkers to provide a service to those following me. It's just yet another form of slavery.
True! Also anyone who works with a government contract has to follow government rules. More slavery!!!!

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey