Trump insults vets with PTSD

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
When I first started on internet forums, it was at the start of the Iraq War. On one conservative site, frequented by one of the current PH mods, if any liberal were to say something like this they'd have been banned. Haven't heard a peep out of that member since Trump said this.
I do not know who you are referencing, but I've certainly noticed a huuuuuge change in tune from "conservatives" since Obama left office and Trump was sworn in as POTUS. The hypocrisy from them is neck deep.

Nov 2013
NY
Trump implied what? That vets with PTSD can't handle war? He's a fine one to talk since he never even served in the military. Such hypocrisy. Talk about one who truly can't handle war!
All the shit trump is saying all day long, and his insults, insecurities and degrading comments aside for a moment...

From a pure factual point of view.. doesn't having PTSD mean exactly that, to not being able to handle / cope with the trauma experienced during a military / war deployment ?

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
All the shit trump is saying all day long, and his insults, insecurities and degrading comments aside for a moment...

From a pure factual point of view.. doesn't having PTSD mean exactly that, to not being able to handle / cope with the trauma experienced during a military / war deployment ?

And some people "can't handle" the latest flu bug and some people in the same circumstances don't get the flu. *shrug*

Dec 2018
the Heart of America

Normal human beings are adversely affected by the trauma of losing friends or being constantly under the stress of being killed or maimed. Anyone who says otherwise is either being dishonest or shouldn't be allowed weapons. Obviously #PABOTUS couldn't even handle bootcamp and a cushy job as a typist. Probably because he's a coward.

PTSD is easier to prevent than to cure. It's SOP to treat anyone who's been through trauma. Example: The Risk of Developing PTSD When You've Been in a Car Accident
Motor vehicle accidents (MVAs) are the leading cause of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in the general population.1 Each year, there are an estimated six million MVAs in the United States, resulting in over 2.5 million injuries.2 According to a National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) study, 39.2% of MVA survivors develop PTSD.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Normal human beings are adversely affected by the trauma of losing friends or being constantly under the stress of being killed or maimed. Anyone who says otherwise is either being dishonest or shouldn't be allowed weapons. Obviously #PABOTUS couldn't even handle bootcamp and a cushy job as a typist. Probably because he's a coward.

PTSD is easier to prevent than to cure. It's SOP to treat anyone who's been through trauma. Example: The Risk of Developing PTSD When You've Been in a Car Accident
Motor vehicle accidents (MVAs) are the leading cause of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in the general population.1 Each year, there are an estimated six million MVAs in the United States, resulting in over 2.5 million injuries.2 According to a National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) study, 39.2% of MVA survivors develop PTSD.
Even people who suffer severe losses suffer a form of it. Violence in any form leaves life long marks and loss.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio

You know what bothers me is those who profess to admire Trump. What one of his traits is there to Admire? All those fancy resorts he has are built on stealing, cheating, conning others. He lies, he is cruel, fowl mouthed, not a shred of loyalty or decency in him. His cult reminds me of senseless teen age girls chasing a Rock Star. But these ten angers grow up, mature.

But of course I do not admire men like Mitt Romney either. He built his fortune as a corporate raider, closing factories, destroying lives, jobs, stealing pensions.

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS

easiest way to avoid PTSD is to not send our troops to islamic wars if choices, such as using them as human shields in kurdistan

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I do not know who you are referencing, but I've certainly noticed a huuuuuge change in tune from "conservatives" since Obama left office and Trump was sworn in as POTUS. The hypocrisy from them is neck deep.
No, Bob, Conservatives treated Obama terrible. Mitch McConnell bragged the first day he was determined to make Obama a one term President, refused to work with him to accomplish anything.
Conservatives have been cruel since FDR. They fought him every step of the way,too. They have never been for the worker or middle class.

Trump has just exposed them for what they really are. Greedy, bigoted, with little empathy.

Last edited:
Dec 2018
the Heart of America
You know what bothers me is those who profess to admire Trump. What one of his traits is there to Admire? All those fancy resorts he has are built on stealing, cheating, conning others. He lies, he is cruel, fowl mouthed, not a shred of loyalty or decency in him. His cult reminds me of senseless teen age girls chasing a Rock Star. But these ten angers grow up, mature.

But of course I do not admire men like Mitt Romney either. He built his fortune as a corporate raider, closing factories, destroying lives, jobs, stealing pensions.
Agreed. Why they are choosing to laud over a lying conman who betrayed his country through cowardice and draft-dodging, who has swindled innocent Americans and lined his own pockets while his victims went to the poor house, it's a mystery to me. Something is seriously f**ked up in America for this to happen.