Trump involved Pence in efforts to pressure Ukraine’s leader

May 2019
midwest
He asked the President of the Ukraine to look into corruption. Nothing wrong with that.
All the while withholding Congressional approved funds for the Ukraine until the new president did. That aid was eventually released in September 2019. Sad.
:cool:

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
That's a lie. Who told you that?
Joe Biden bragged about it.
I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a bitch. (Laughter.) He got fired.

So don't be so uninformed and ignorant when you post at me.

Oct 2011
Washington State
Joe Biden bragged about it.

So don't be so uninformed and ignorant when you post at me.
Wow. A mod calling a member ignorant. That's classy.

The prosecutor was corrupt. He had to go. Biden had the backing of our Allies too. Biden wasn't looking for dirt on a political opponent. Big difference. But go ahead and continue your blind support for Trump. It suits you well.

In the wake of the 2014 ouster of pro-Russian president Viktor Yanukovych, European and U.S. officials stepped up their efforts to deal with corruption in Ukraine.

"A big part of our diplomacy was pushing the Ukrainian government to clean up the corruption, partly because it was that corruption that allowed Russia to manipulate the country politically and economically," said Charlie Kupchan, who served as a special assistant to President Barack Obama and a senior director for European Affairs on the National Security Council.

Biden used U.S. aid as "a stick to move Ukraine forward," Kupchan said. "He was acting alongside our European allies. Everybody was of a single mind that this prosecutor was not the right guy for the job."

• Love
Reactions: the bull59

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu

The prosecutor was corrupt. He had to go. Biden had the backing of our Allies too. Biden wasn't looking for dirt on a political opponent. Big difference. But go ahead and continue your blind support for Trump. It suits you well.

Biden wasn't looking for dirt on an opponent, just looking out for his son.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Why do you keep posting this, when it's been debunked even by the Ukraine government?
Repeating the word "debunked" over and over doesn't undo facts. This is on video.
Democrats don't really care about quid pro quo. They just want to undo the last election because they can't stand that they lost.

Reactions: excalibur

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

The prosecutor was investigating a company that employed Biden's son. Now I know you don't think past partisan talking points but did it ever occur to you to wonder why this company hired Biden's son in the first place? He didn't have any experience in energy production and he landed on their board of directors. They wanted that that a contact with the highest levels of US government.
It probably never once occurred to you that Biden pressuring them to fire Shokin was a conflict of interest. Of course not. Your whole entire thought process is "Democrats good. Trump bad." No matter what corrupt, dishonest or even racist thing Democrats like Biden say or do, you'll be right along to carry water for them.