Trump is laughing stock on World Stage

Jul 2017
U.S.A.
Trump obviously thinks the world is as dumb (or dumber than he).
The orange idiot strikes again!

UN audience laughs when Trump boasts of achievements

An audience of world leaders at the United Nations laughed on Tuesday when President Trump boasted of his achievements during his time in office.
"In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country," Trump said, opening his address to the U.N. General Assembly.
Audience members then began chuckling and the laughs grew louder when Trump said "so true."
Trump smiled and paused, then responded: "I didn't expect that reaction but that's OK."
The president touted his domestic efforts, including tax cuts and his push to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, before addressing his foreign policy goals.
Trump often claimed that his predecessor, former President Obama, turned the U.S. into a laughingstock on the world stage.
"We need a President who isn't a laughing stock to the entire World. We need a truly great leader, a genius at strategy and winning. Respect!" Trump tweeted in 2014.

May 2012
By the wall
Trump is doing rather well actually.

I have to wonder why you care so much what the UN thinks about Trump rather than what your president thinks about the UN?

You are always free to move to one of their countries if you hate it here so much.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Not on the international stage. The rest of the world thinks he is a joke - except, of course, the dictators.
I have to wonder why you care so much what the UN thinks about Trump rather than what your president thinks about the UN?
The UN, as a unit? Try the non-dictatorial member states taken together (and possibly even some of them). Trump is a self-important, incompetent and irresponsible jackass who has - possibly irreparably - damaged the U.S.'s worldwide reputation as a government to be taken seriously.
You are always free to move to one of their countries if you hate it here so much.
Just as you were free to do so when whining about Obama, as conservatives have been doing since he was nominated 10 years ago.

May 2012
By the wall
Not on the international stage. The rest of the world thinks he is a joke - except, of course, the dictators.

The UN, as a unit? Try the non-dictatorial member states taken together (and possibly even some of them). Trump is a self-important, incompetent and irresponsible jackass who has - possibly irreparably - damaged the U.S.'s worldwide reputation as a government to be taken seriously.

Just as you were free to do so when whining about Obama, as conservatives have been doing since he was nominated 10 years ago.
Who doesn't take us seriously?

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----

Who doesn't take us seriously?
When you say us, are you referring to just trump, or trump and you? Never mind, it wouldn't change the answer

Jan 2016
Colorado

Thomas Jefferson wrote that we Americans should "have a decent respect for the opinions of Mankind".

You don't have a decent respect for the opinions of Mankind.

We shall call you, then, an anti-Jeffersonian.

May 2012
By the wall
Thomas Jefferson wrote that we Americans should "have a decent respect for the opinions of Mankind".

You don't have a decent respect for the opinions of Mankind.

We shall call you, then, an anti-Jeffersonian.
I'm curious, did he respect the opinions of his slaves?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation." Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Independence (emphasis supplied).

(For anyone unfamiliar with the text.)