Trump Is Ranked WORST U.S. President EVA.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
The NYT published its annual ranking of U.S. Presidents on February 18, 2018, drawn from a survey of leading American political scientists.

They rated Trump dead-bang last.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/19/opinion/how-does-trump-stack-up-against-the-best-and-worst-presidents.html

C-SPAN also ranks U.S. Presidents every year. They ask historians, not political scientists, and have not yet published a ranking that includes Trump. Their most recent version lists the 5 worst as Tyler, Harding, Pierce, A. Johnson and Buchanan.

Does it matter? Clearly, Trump might have time left to rehabilitate his broken presidency, but that's unlikely. It's telling that so many political scientists in the U.S. condemned him as harshly as possible only months into his term.

It might matter to a Trump supporter wondering why they are still agitating for this spectacular failure of a man and his presidency. Review this page, which comes up when I google "Trump's worst tweets as president":

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&biw=1367&bih=608&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=aTWdWo-ZM8Ok_Qbz4ZzICQ&q=trump%27s+worst+tweets+as+president&oq=trump%27s+worst+tweets+as+president&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0.1402565.1413108.0.1413372.34.17.0.17.17.0.119.1668.5j11.17.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.33.1881.0..0i67k1j0i30k1j0i8i10i30k1j0i24k1j0i8i30k1.97.rclk8MYXebU#imgrc=_

Of all the shit Trump talks, this disturbs me the most because it reveals that he sees black Americans as some sort of "other". In Trump's view, black Americans do not have their own lives and achievements, but rather rise or fall AS AN UNDIFFERENTIATED, AMORPHOUS GROUP with the fates of the most famous black Americans around.

This is the sort of broken humanity that inspired some white racists to refer to Frederick Douglass as a "credit to his race" in my hearing, during the 1960's, while simultaneously tormenting these citizens in every possible way, including murdering little kids in their church on a Sunday morning with a bomb.

https://www.splcenter.org/what-we-do/civil-rights-memorial/civil-rights-martyrs

Obama was not "the black president" -- he was the president, and ONE interesting thing to know about him is, he is black.

The NYT's poll places Obama 8th, making him one of only 4 top 10 presidents to have served after WW II.

https://assets.rbl.ms/13967496/980x.jpg

If you LOVE Trump and you HATE Obama, you can now clearly see that you are out of touch with political scientists, who are from both political parties or independents.

Please, if this describes you, could you kindly explain how you reached your opinion, because I just cannot understand it. Regardless of whether you think Trump would be fun to grab a beer with, you surely cannot still be denying that Trump is appallingly bad at president-ing.

Do these NYT poll result mean Trump will be impeached? IDK. Today's polls reveal his ratings continue to fall, even in states in which he had a sizable base when he was elected, such as Louisiana..

Trump has lost support in every state since inauguration | Daily Mail Online

I also DK whether it is productive to compare his popularity across time to that of Nixon or Clinton, but in case you think it might be, here's that data:

Forget whether Trump can evade impeachment. Is Trump even minimally competent to be president? If you think he is, kindly explain what you think he has accomplished that's so impressive? Do you WANT Trump to stay in office?

WHY?

This is not a parody:

Nor is this:

http://www.burrardstreetjournal.com/trump-willing-to-sacrifice-canada-if-needed/

Which is beyond dangerous, because of this:

I cannot imagine how any thinking person can look at Trump's job performance thus far, and think "Good job!"

If you do, could you kindly explain it to me?

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I would not have put Obama or Reagan in the Top 10, though I could not say who should be moved up, either. Putting Garfield or W.H. Harrison in the mix is not very fair, considering how short their respective tenures were (6 months and 1 month, respectively; and Garfield was injured for most of that time, having been shot 4 months into his term). I probably would not have put Nixon so low, though Watergate kind of doomed him to a low rank. Maybe I'd move up J. Adams, though his presidency was considerably more lackluster than his pre-Constitution days.

Mar 2010
Indiana
Are we in a war or economic recession? If not, then how does Trump get ranked last?
If you need to ask that question...

Incompetent, changes mind from day to day, untrustworthy, no leadership skills, racist, bigot, divisive, corrupt, lacks ethics, intellectually lazy, doesn't base decisions on facts, narcissistic, sleazy, serial liar, and the list goes on and on.

What more do you want? Are these qualities that make a president great? Have we ever seen such a poor example of a president?

Last edited:

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

Incompetent, changes mind from day to day, untrustworthy, no leadership skills, racist, bigot, divisive, corrupt, lack ethics, intellectually lazy, doesn't base decisions on facts, narcissistic, sleazy, serial liar, and the list goes on and on.

What more do you want? Are these qualities that make a president great? Have we ever seen such a poor example of a president?
Based on those criteria, the last one was pretty lousy too.

Nov 2015
UK

Incompetent, changes mind from day to day, untrustworthy, no leadership skills, racist, bigot, divisive, corrupt, lack ethics, intellectually lazy, doesn't base decisions on facts, narcissistic, sleazy, serial liar, and the list goes on and on.

But Obama should have been jailed.

http://politicalhotwire.com/political-discussion/188136-so-why-wasnt-obama-jailed.html

So if Obama made executive orders on immigration against laws passed by congress, you're happy with that?

All these awards are meaningless. Someone will get an Oscar and you'll say, "But he's crap". A magazine will award a certain pizza of the year and you'll bite into it, spit it out and say, "That's puke".

The only awards worth while are the ones that fuel your agenda. When you vehemently detest someone, then this award is of greater importance than E=MC2

Last edited: