Trump Is Trying to Destroy Society as We Know It in America

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Undoubtedly, it is an attempt by Trump to make things in America HARDER again and many people who recognize it as such are now complaining loudly. That is sad because the nation's chief executive should be looking out for the people of these United States. Realizing that the vast majority are not rich and wealthy as he is all the more reason to lend a good hand and extend programs that will help them. But then again, this is a Republican and a Republican Administration and Congress so the people in this country can expect little to nothing from them in the way of any help. It can only get more costly for Americans under them as time goes by.

----------------------------------------

Trump Is Trying to Destroy Society as We Know It in America | Alternet
By Vijay Prashad

"One of the people who got out of her wheelchair to be arrested was Stephanie Woodward, director of advocacy for the Center for Disability Rights. She was arrested by the officers in the Senate, who carried her out. “We have a right to live,” Stephanie Woodward said. “And by live, I don’t mean just breathe. I mean be a part of the American dream, be in the community, raise a family, go to work. These Medicaid cuts will force people into institutions who don’t need to be there.”
"Evidence of a major assault by the Trump administration on the social safety net in the U.S. was already there in Trump’s budget proposal. He sought to cut funds for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Medicaid and the Interagency Council on Homelessness. Cuts to affordable housing and to homeless assistance programmes were a centrepiece. But so too are cuts that would hurt the disabled. Sally Johnston, president of the Disabled in Action of Greater Syracuse, said: “Trump’s proposed budget will cut trillions of dollars in domestic services. How can this make America better?”

Jun 2010
You've had neoliberalism for years, ensuring elimination of social mobility and magnifying the productivity gap. No need to get melodramatic over Trump

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
You've had neoliberalism for years, ensuring elimination of social mobility and magnifying the productivity gap. No need to get melodramatic over Trump
American people will be the final judge on that and I can tell you unequivocally that they are far from being pleased by what they are seeing Trump and Republicans do to them that is not what they expected would happen. The GOP's only hope is to restore sanity among itself first and then seriously work to greatly ameliorate the damage they are causing in this country.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
American people will be the final judge on that and I can tell you unequivocally that they are far from being pleased by what they are seeing Trump and Republicans do to them that is not what they expected would happen. The GOP's only hope is to restore sanity among itself first and then seriously work to greatly ameliorate the damage they are causing in this country.
You say that the American people are far from pleased but have the Democrats offered them a better alternative? Two ways that President Trump gets reelected, the people are happy with him, or a better alternative is not on the ballot.

Jun 2010
The American people have been fooled into thinking there is no alternative to neoliberalism. That's the real tragedy

Sep 2016
My own world
You say that the American people are far from pleased but have the Democrats offered them a better alternative? Two ways that President Trump gets reelected, the people are happy with him, or a better alternative is not on the ballot.
Translation: It's the Democrats fault Republicans are such fuck ups we put Trump in office. The party that complains people that don't take personal responsibility have the king of " its not my fault " in office and are using the same excuse themselves. Talk about hypocrites.

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
The American people have been fooled into thinking there is no alternative to neoliberalism. That's the real tragedy
You give them far less credit than they deserve. They are now open and wide-eyed and are looking at the Trump Administration tragedies that will greatly affect them, their family and their pocketbook. And what they are seeing is the real tragedy.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Translation: It's the Democrats fault Republicans are such fuck ups we put Trump in office. The party that complains people that don't take personal responsibility have the king of " its not my fault " in office and are using the same excuse themselves. Talk about hypocrites.
I am happy with President Trump and will vote for him in 2020, if he runs. Who will you vote for?

Jun 2010
You give them far less credit than they deserve. They are now open and wide-eyed and are looking at the Trump Administration tragedies that will greatly affect them, their family and their pocketbook. And what they are seeing is the real tragedy.
Until they show some bottle and reject neoliberalism, no credit is deserved. The real curse of Trump is that it has stopped some Democrats being introspective and realising the problem has been their ineptness

Sep 2016
My own world
I am happy with President Trump and will vote for him in 2020, if he runs. Who will you vote for?
Trump will not be running. He will either resign, get impeached or die way way before 2020. In terms of who I will support in 2020 it may be a Republican or a Democrat or an Independent. It depends on the person, the policies and what happens from here. At this point the Republicans have to show that they are not corrupt pieces of shit covering up for Trump and selling out America. Right now from what I can see that is exactly what they are doing. I don't vote party line. The democrats have their own nightmare
history but since George W the Republicans can't seem to do shit right. The people pulling the strings have made their base stupid and they are paying the price.

Last edited: