Trump isn’t a cult leader; he’s a deprogrammer.

Feb 2018
Texas

It’s hard to know who started it for sure, but over the last month, the “cult” meme has been repeated by no less than CNN’s Brian Stelter, Dan Rather, Anthony Scaramucci, and the Washington Post’s Dana Milbank. Possibly that’s because a former cult member cashed in with a book called “The Cult of Trump.” Steve Hassan, a onetime “Moonie” who escaped the Unification Church’s clutches in the 1970s, sees President Trump as typical of cult leaders, and shared his fears with Stelter on the latter’s comically named “Reliable Sources” show.

“We can start with the pathological lying, which is characteristic of destructive cult leaders,” Hassan told Stelter. “The blaming others and never taking responsibility for his own failures and faults. Shunning and kicking out anyone who raises questions or concerns about his own behavior.”

Oh, dear! Well, I suppose that might describe Donald Trump, or it might describe any politician. Does anyone see Nancy Pelosi taking responsibility for her own failures and faults? To me, this canard sounds like it applies to the entire slate of Democratic presidential candidates. I know they don’t think they are pathological liars, but isn’t that sort of the definition of pathological? They sure do make up a lot of stuff, including an economic system that is the political equivalent of a perpetual motion machine, endlessly buying votes with other people’s money. As for shunning, what do you call what they do to their own non-conforming candidates like Andrew Yang and Tulsi Gabbard. Russian assets, anyone?

Nov 2008
Washington state
The meltdown has begun. Used to be the left could couple up with the media to trash their opponents. They have thrown everything they have at Trump and it drives his ratings and donations up. It’s no secret Trump has an unbreakable fan base. Kind of like Obama’s fan base while he was President. Probably not going to stop it, so better relax and enjoy another 5 years of Trump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 2019
midwest
The meltdown has begun. Used to be the left could couple up with the media to trash their opponents. They have thrown everything they have at Trump and it drives his ratings and donations up. It’s no secret Trump has an unbreakable fan base. Kind of like Obama’s fan base while he was President. Probably not going to stop it, so better relax and enjoy another 5 years of Trump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spoken like a true Trump groupie.
:cool: