Trump isn’t impeached yet

May 2007
your place
According to what I am seeing,Trump isn’t officially impeached until the house sends the articles to the senate. The media loves to talk about how shrewd Pelosi is but if she drags it out, then it makes it look even more partisan. The impeachment was in my opinion a stupid move but dragging it out would even be dumber.

“...The Constitution doesn’t say how fast the articles must go to the Senate. Some modest delay is not inconsistent with the Constitution, or how both chambers usually work.

But an indefinite delay would pose a serious problem. Impeachment as contemplated by the Constitution does not consist merely of the vote by the House, but of the process of sending the articles to the Senate for trial. Both parts are necessary to make an impeachment under the Constitution: The House must actually send the articles and send managers to the Senate to prosecute the impeachment. And the Senate must actually hold a trial...”

Reactions: Izzshemovin
May 2007
your place
This is what, the 3rd thread, with the same source, that already been debunked over and over again?

OK, then Feldman is an idiot? Wasn’t he was one of the Democrat’s constitutional experts saying Trump committed an impeachable offense? Is he a good source of a crap source?

“...impeachment happens, according to Noah Feldman, a Harvard law professor, only when the House transmits the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

So “technically speaking,” he said, “the president still hasn’t been impeached...”

Last edited:
Reactions: Izzshemovin
Dec 2015
SoCal
According to what I am seeing,Trump isn’t officially impeached until the house sends the articles to the senate. The media loves to talk about how shrewd Pelosi is but if she drags it out, then it makes it look even more partisan. The impeachment was in my opinion a stupid move but dragging it out would even be dumber.

“...The Constitution doesn’t say how fast the articles must go to the Senate. Some modest delay is not inconsistent with the Constitution, or how both chambers usually work.

But an indefinite delay would pose a serious problem. Impeachment as contemplated by the Constitution does not consist merely of the vote by the House, but of the process of sending the articles to the Senate for trial. Both parts are necessary to make an impeachment under the Constitution: The House must actually send the articles and send managers to the Senate to prosecute the impeachment. And the Senate must actually hold a trial...”
It's the Christmas holiday for chrissakes!

Jan 2007

Maybe democrats just want a symbolic impeachment just to say he was. The merit of the impeachment is just for show.

May 2007
your place
It would probably help if Feldman's essay was not behind a paywall.

Or you could just read the quote I listed in my post. If you want more information, I am sure it is just a few key strokes away.