Trump marvels at our first president’s failure to name Mount Vernon after himself

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
I didn't make this up you guys .. Truly F-ing BIZARRE

“If he was smart, he would’ve put his name on it,” Trump said, according to three sources briefed on the exchange. “You’ve got to put your name on stuff or no one remembers you.”

Don't worry Donald. You'll most certainly be remembered for more than schlepping your name on shit. You'll be remembered as a corrupt, immoral and cruel poopstain on American history.

Trump’s ‘truly bizarre’ visit to Mt. Vernon

Last edited:
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.

“If he was smart, he would’ve put his name on it,” Trump said, according to three sources briefed on the exchange. “You’ve got to put your name on stuff or no one remembers you.”

Don't worry Donald. You'll most certainly be remembered for more than schlepping your name on shit. You'll be remembered as a corrupt, immoral and cruel poopstain on American history.

Oh, My God..."IF he was smart..." In reference to George Washington???

Jan 2016
Colorado

OK. When I first saw this, my first two thoughts were these:

(1) This has GOT to be Andy Borowitz. OR

(2) If NOT Andy Borowitz, it has GOT to be The Onion.

I'm astounded. I truly am.

Jun 2007
Wisconsin
OK. When I first saw this, my first two thoughts were these:

(1) This has GOT to be Andy Borowitz. OR

(2) If NOT Andy Borowitz, it has GOT to be The Onion.

I'm astounded. I truly am.
He alone could potentially put the Onion out of business. I've been following them since their time in Madison. The actually had a newspaper you could pick up locally. It was free and everything.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
Oh, My God..."IF he was smart..." In reference to George Washington???
Told ya I didn't make it up - Andy Borowitz will have a field day with this story!

AND well, you know .... :lol:

The VIPs’ tour guide for the evening, Mount Vernon president and CEO Doug Bradburn, told the president that Washington did, after all, succeed in getting the nation’s capital named after him. Good point, Trump said with a laugh.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
He alone could potentially put the Onion out of business. I've been following them since their time in Madison. The actually had a newspaper you could pick up locally. It was free and everything.
Yep, I remember flipping through print versions of the Onion AND Weekly World News while waiting in line at the supermarket.

They are missed! :D

Jan 2016
Colorado
Told ya I didn't make it up - Andy Borowitz will have a field day with this story!

AND well, you know .... :lol:

The VIPs’ tour guide for the evening, Mount Vernon president and CEO Doug Bradburn, told the president that Washington did, after all, succeed in getting the nation’s capital named after him. Good point, Trump said with a laugh.
Doug Bradburn might have pointed out to the President that our first President also succeeded in getting a STATE named after him.

I sincerely doubt that the United States will ever have a new state named after Trump.

May 2016
california
His point on name recognition might be correct with the younger demographics but Washington has the dollar bill, so far anyway.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
Doug Bradburn might have pointed out to the President that our first President also succeeded in getting a STATE named after him.

I sincerely doubt that the United States will ever have a new state named after Trump.
A STATE ??? Hell, they are already taking the Trump name OFF of shit :)

Trump's Name Is Removed From Trump Place, the Latest Licensed Property to Shed the President's Branding
After 12-day standoff, workers strip Trump name from Panama hotel with crowbar
Judge Sides With Residents Who Want Trump's Name Off Their NYC Building

And for George Washington, it doesn't end with our nation's capital and a state

https://www.quora.com/How-many-things-are-named-after-George-Washington-in-the-United-States