Trump Meets with President of Virgin Islands - Doesn't Know It's Himself

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Is it really too much to ask that Trump do just a LITTLE bit of research before speaking to his audiences?

In a speech Friday, Trump said he'd recently "met with the president of the Virgin Islands" to discuss the recent hurricanes that have devastated Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and the island.

But Trump could not have spoken to the "president of the Virgin Islands" because, of course, he is the president of the U.S. Virgin Islands, whose residents are U.S. citizens.
Source - Newsweek

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
To be fair, it's not impossible to have more than one "President" in one country lol

Many of Russia's autonomous ethnic minority Republics, for example, have own regional Presidents, under one national President - Putin.

Here, for instance, Putin meets at his Kremlin office with Rustam Minnikhanov, President of Tatarstan

It is what it is, complicated system over there lol

Trump, though, as US President, ought to be more familiar with the country he is supposed to be running...

May 2012
By the wall
Technically their governor is their president although he isn't referred to as that.

He runs the nation, not Trump.

Also since they can't actually vote for our president he isn't really their president.

They also have no representation in congress.

So Trump was essentially correct, he just used the wrong terminology, big whoop.

Nov 2010
Massachusetts
Technically their governor is their president although he isn't referred to as that.

He runs the nation, not Trump.

Also since they can't actually vote for our president he isn't really their president.

They also have no representation in congress.

So Trump was essentially correct, he just used the wrong terminology, big whoop.
:lol: My god, you guys will rationalize anything when it comes to The Orange Menace

May 2012
By the wall
:lol: My god, you guys will rationalize anything when it comes to The Orange Menace
What rationalization?

Facts aren't rationalizing anything.

Obama accused Poland of running concentration camps in WW2, he actually had to apologize for that.

Rationalize that one for me or chalk it up to a simple mistake by a president and quit harping on Trump.

Nov 2010
Massachusetts
What rationalization?

Facts aren't rationalizing anything.

Obama accused Poland of running concentration camps in WW2, he actually had to apologize for that.

Rationalize that one for me or chalk it up to a simple mistake by a president and quit harping on Trump.
:rolleyes:

If Trump shot someone on 5th Ave, you’d be like, “Well, technically, HE didn’t kill them, the bullet did.”