Trump Mocow Deal

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
So

A) You didn't even bother to read the link and

B) He was pursuing the "deal" while has already had the nomination locked up. With a country that meddled in our elections.

You aren't very good at this.
Right. Sure. The two things are unrelated and you are stretching reason to try and relate them. He has been pursuing the deal for 20 years. The deal never happened. And you are straining credulity to make this illegal, which it is not.

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
Right. Sure. The two things are unrelated and you are stretching reason to try and relate them. He has been pursuing the deal for 20 years. The deal never happened. And you are straining credulity to make this illegal, which it is not.

Do you really not understand why this is a big deal?

If you don't, I can explain it to you.

But you should be ashamed to hang out here if that's going to be required.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Yet you guys elected him because he told you he's such a great businessman.

snort!
I did not vote for Trump. Trump is a counter creature of propaganda nation. I hate the idea that he is even necessary. But he is.

I thought Romney's March 2016 expose on trump was right on and if the press had lauded Romney and stopped their endless coverage of Trump, we might be in a different state of affairs.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Do you really not understand why this is a big deal?

If you don't, I can explain it to you.

But you should be ashamed to hang out here if that's going to be required.
If you can't create a rational reason for your outrage, why are you even here?

Sep 2012
SoCal
They did?

When?

(psst...they can't pass such a law. It's in violation of the Constitution)
From 2016...

Can a President Trump Keep His Business Intact?
There is, however, a law outside of the conflict-of-interest statutes that could deter Trump from retaining his business interests while in office—and one that has received insufficient attention. Introduced in the Ethics Reform Act of 1989, it prohibits any senior “noncareer officer” of the government from permitting his or her name to be “used” by any firm that “provides professional services involving a fiduciary relationship.” While the conflict-of-interest statutes exempt the president, the text of the use-of-name law does not, though its use in court would require the repeal of a 25-year-old executive-branch regulation that does exempt the president and vice president. As important, Congress explicitly said this statute was meant to ban the use of an officer’s name not only in traditional fiduciary-based firms, such as law partnerships, but in a range of other ventures including “real estate, consulting and advising, [and] architecture.” The U.S. Office of Government Ethics regulations that apply the law adopted this broad definition.

This is where Trump’s business interests come in: It would appear that many of his organization’s activities fall under those barred by the use-of-name law. On its website, the Trump Organization says that it engages in “real estate sales” and “brokerage” services. Even on a narrow, technical understanding, University of Houston Law professor Teddy Rave told me, “a real-estate broker … can certainly be in a fiduciary relationship with a buyer or seller.” More broadly, the Trump Organization speaks of its “collaborative” relationships and “intimate involvement” with the companies that license Trump’s name; one can, the website boasts, “see the touch of the Trump brand in every aspect of the properties” it works with. That suggests—to use the law’s broad understanding of the kinds of organizations to which an officer of government can’t lend his or her name—that a fair bit of “consulting and advising” might be going on in Trumpworld.

...MORE...
From 2017...

H.R. 371: Presidential Conflicts of Interest Act of 2017
he president and vice president are currently exempt from any financial conflict of interest rules. And President Trump, with his global business and real estate empire, has created an “unprecedented” number of White House conflicts of interest.

The Presidential Conflicts of Interest Act, H.R. 371 and S. 65, aims to change that, both for Trump and future presidents.

[…]

What the bill does

Introduced by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Rep. Katherine Clark (D-MA5), the legislation would require the president and vice president to both reveal and divest themselves from any potential financial conflicts of interest. The bill would also apply for presidential and vice presidential spouses, children, and appointees.

The legislation would also require both major party presidential nominees to publicly release their tax returns from the preceding three years, adapted from Sen. Ron Wyden’s (D-OR) Presidential Tax Transparency Act, which GovTrack Insider previously covered in November.

Warren, a rumored possible 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, could possibly be subject to the law herself.

...MORE...

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Was that in reference to yourself?

My offer still stands.
What offer? The idea of combining Trump's attempts at a real estate deal and the Russian election meddling and trying to find a connection is pure propaganda. And while people are talking impeachment and incarceration, it's mostly nonsense and a long term plan to keep Trump's numbers down and lay a foundation for future political gains. If Trump had half a brain for politics (which he does not) he would take the high road, stop tweeting, limit his attacks on his opposition to prepared speeches and aggressively pursue the original Russian investigation of 2016 and prove to the public that there was no foundation for including him in that investigation. He's not going to do it anyway. It's too much work and he would rather be a provocateur than a high gravitas pol.

Back to you and your "offer." Explain to me how Trump's 20 year old real estate ambitions have anything to do with Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
Congress passed a law exempthing the president from conflict of interest.

He can run the presidency like a business if he wants to and make as much money as possible.

Its all legal.
They'd need to amend the Constitution to override the language in it.

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
Back to you and your "offer." Explain to me how Trump's 20 year old real estate ambitions have anything to do with Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

OK if we skip all that other nonsense? You must be new around here...mo problem. It's a big deal because he still LIED about it, and the Russians knew he was LYING about it. The problem essentially is this...What else is he LYING about that the Russians know about and could potentially use to blackmail him. Because he LIES. About everything.

You're welcome.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
OK if we skip all that other nonsense? You must be new around here...mo problem. It's a big deal because he still LIED about it, and the Russians knew he was LYING about it. The problem essentially is this...What else is he LYING about that the Russians know about and could potentially use to blackmail him. Because he LIES. About everything.

You're welcome.
Total fantasy. If he lies about everything, how can anyone blackmail him with it? He doesn't give a crap. This is pure invention. And I have been here for ten years longer than you.