Trump: Oakland is trying to delay our asylee sanctuary resettlement plan | Oakland: Come on, send em

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
If one disagrees with any Left Wing politician,they are labeled "Racist". No argument. No debate. No compromise.
Wow. That's is really one stupid ass talking point. Just applying a little critical thinking would demonstrate how absurd it is on it's face. In fact, come on now. You can't possibly believe that every time someone disagrees with any left wing political they're labeled a "racist". Oh and btw, we weren't even talking about racism in this case.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Trump isn't going to be able to carry out this idea but his supporters think it's just the cleverest thing they ever heard of. :rolleyes:

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Sanctuary cities should get more proactive in acquiring these benefits to society. Maybe fund the transportation. After all, the illegals are great for their local economies and their presence would quickly pay for the transportation costs.
There wouldn't be a means for a local jurisdiction to compensate USCIS for such resettlement. If the federal government is going to move them, it has to pay for that, third parties can't pay them back, that's not how any of this works. Worst case, the federal government would pay for it and initiate a lawsuit for the "damages," at which point the recipient areas would probably just settle it with gratitude. Still, if Trump wants to do this, he'll do it with federal dollars.

Which makes it even more hilarious, he apparently thinks that using federal dollars to add cheap labor, new blood and cultural diversity to growing communities is a punishment. Else he wouldn't be so determined on considering it over the objections of his advisers.

May 2016
california
If they are the inherent boon as promised they will turn Oakland into the land of milk and honey.
Sure they will, my guess is most of them wouldn't stay in Oakland anyway, too crowded, probably move over to Modesto or Stockton and a lot of the small towns in the central valley where english isn't heard much.

Apr 2018
oregon
There wouldn't be a means for a local jurisdiction to compensate USCIS for such resettlement. If the federal government is going to move them, it has to pay for that, third parties can't pay them back, that's not how any of this works. Worst case, the federal government would pay for it and initiate a lawsuit for the "damages," at which point the recipient areas would probably just settle it with gratitude. Still, if Trump wants to do this, he'll do it with federal dollars.

Which makes it even more hilarious, he apparently thinks that using federal dollars to add cheap labor, new blood and cultural diversity to growing communities is a punishment. Else he wouldn't be so determined on considering it over the objections of his advisers.
I said "should". And I'll stick with that. These cities (and liberals in general) often tout how great these illegals are for the economy and how they commit less crime than legal citizens. The only reason they wouldn't cough up some of their local tax money to bring in these productive assets is because liberals are lying sacks of two-faced shit. What you're doing is just obfuscating the issue with red tape and other meaningless diversions.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
I said "should". And I'll stick with that. These cities (and liberals in general) often tout how great these illegals are for the economy and how they commit less crime than legal citizens. The only reason they wouldn't cough up some of their local tax money to bring in these productive assets is because liberals are lying sacks of two-faced shit. What you're doing is just obfuscating the issue with red tape and other meaningless diversions.
I agree with you, then. If a mechanism can be found so city and state dollars are used to move these folks, it should be employed.

I think you'll find that if the federal government gets out of the way, many communities will take refugees and asylees sight unseen.

It remains relevant that at the moment, Trump is proposing to use federal dollars to move them. Oakland, at least, says he should.