Trump Official Lynne Patton: ‘I Honestly Don’t Care’ if I’m Breaking the Law

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Lynne Patton
, an official at the Department of Housing and Urban Development, wrote that she “honestly” doesn’t care if her sharing a political tweet was in violation of federal law.
Patton shared a tweet from Twitter account @Education4Libs that defended her boss, HUD Secretary Ben Carson, writing in a Facebook status:
“Just retweeted this amazing tweet from both of my Twitter accounts – professional and personal. It may be a Hatch Act violation. It may not be. Either way, I honestly don’t care anymore. These people are determined to try to ruin and discredit a good man.”
Trump officials have in the past run up against the Hatch Act — a law that prohibits federal employees from using their positions to engage in partisan politics.
Trump Official Lynne Patton: ‘I Honestly Don’t Care’ if I’m Breaking the Law
she's just the only one willing to be honest about how corrupt they are. She's a federal employee though . Subject to discipline ...
Removal is the only penalty authorized for violation of the Hatch Act, under 5 U.S.C.S. § 1505. The Merit System Protection Board (MSPB) has plenary jurisdiction under § 1505 to determine after a hearing whether the violation warrants the removal of the officer or employee from his office or employment. The Board considers whether removal is appropriate on the basis of seriousness of the violation. The Board takes into account all relevant mitigating and aggravating factors, including: (1) the nature of the offense and the extent of the employee’s participation; (2) the employee’s motive and intent; (3) whether the employee received the advice of counsel regarding the activities at issue; (4) whether the employee ceased the activities at issue; (5) the employee’s past employment record; and (6) the political coloring of the employee’s activities. The decision as to whether removal is warranted is a matter of administrative discretion.
Penalties – Hatch Act

People are already filings complaints online. Trump can't pardon this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian Jeffrey