Trump Parade Bankrupted D.C. Anti-Terror Fund

May 2019
Backatown, USA
Trumps a rich man - let him pay for security at his tribute to his ego event.
Get serious - this is Donald Trump. He doesn't shell out a penny if he can find someone else
President Trump isn't spending that money, the Secret Service is, that is required by law. I didn't hear you bitching at all when Hillary R Clinton travelled all over the world with a Secret Service detail and a State Department detail.
The Secret Service has their own budget.
This was a result of Trump deciding to do a public event in the middle of the Capitol Mall on a national holiday, and the DC Emergency Planning Fund and the National Park Services having to provide all the public security measures that go along with that.
You know how much Barack Obama's or George Bush's July 4 Mall appearances drained from those sources?? Nothing, because they knew better than to disrupt a public, nonpolitical celebration.

Last edited:
Sep 2013
On a hill
President Trump isn't spending that money, the Secret Service is, that is required by law. I didn't hear you bitching at all when Hillary R Clinton travelled all over the world with a Secret Service detail and a State Department detail.
Are you trying to tell me that hillary's traveling on the nation's business is equivalent to trumps golf weekends? I know you are a rightie, but you cant be that goofy - can you.

Southern Dad

Former Staff
Feb 2015
Shady Dale, Georgia
Are you trying to tell me that hillary's traveling on the nation's business is equivalent to trumps golf weekends? I know you are a rightie, but you cant be that goofy - can you.
No, what I am saying is that our law, specifically the Presidential Protection Act says that Donald J Trump, like Hillary R Clinton will be protected by a Secret Service detail for the rest of their respective lives. There is no restriction upon this. After Trump leaves office, he is free to travel the world. Wherever he goes, he will have a Secret Service detail in tow. His homes will be protected by the Secret Service, just as Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter's three homes are protected, Bill and Hillary's two homes are protected, George W Bush's ranch is protected. Is it going to be expensive? You bet.

Bill Clinton even went on Jeffery Epstein's Lolita Express with a Secret Service detail in tow. He has acknowledged four of those trips. Those weren't government trips. Not to Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, Brunei, Norway, and Siberia.

While in office, the president cannot, by law decline Secret Service protection. Only one former president has ever declined a Secret Service detail. That was Richard M Nixon.

Sep 2013
On a hill
No, what I am saying is that our law, specifically the Presidential Protection Act says that Donald J Trump, like Hillary R Clinton will be protected by a Secret Service detail for the rest of their respective lives. There is no restriction upon this. After Trump leaves office, he is free to travel the world. Wherever he goes, he will have a Secret Service detail in tow. His homes will be protected by the Secret Service, just as Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter's three homes are protected, Bill and Hillary's two homes are protected, George W Bush's ranch is protected. Is it going to be expensive? You bet.

Bill Clinton even went on Jeffery Epstein's Lolita Express with a Secret Service detail in tow. He has acknowledged four of those trips. Those weren't government trips. Not to Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, Brunei, Norway, and Siberia.

While in office, the president cannot, by law decline Secret Service protection. Only one former president has ever declined a Secret Service detail. That was Richard M Nixon.
They arent spending $206,000 per hour of tax payer money on air travel to resorts owned by them.

Trump has spent nearly 22 percent of his days in office at one of his golf properties for some portion of the day.

How many times has President Donald Trump played golf while in office?
(at that rate, he'll have spent almost a year out of four in office playing golf)

Of course that doesnt count his campaign rallies.