Trump/Pence 2020?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I suppose in theory, dumping Pence might be a good idea. But it would have to be done so as not to harm Pence's reputation among GOP voters. It couldnt appear like it was a backstab moment. Hard to do. But yea a Nikki Haley would help Trump a lot if Muellers investigation doesnt damage him. Lots of ifs.

Jan 2016
Colorado
If it is Biden/Beto or Biden/Harris/Klobacher/anyone under 55 or so, it wouldn’t matter. It would guarantee 12 years to the dems, barring the unforeseen.
If you look at the post I was responding to, I was suggesting a Haley/Rubio ticket for the Republicans in 2024, not in 2020. I was more or less presuming some Democratic ticket would win in 2020, and that the Republicans would be trying to win the White House BACK in 2024, and would be trying to run some much more credible ticket....."to erase the stink of the Trump years", I said.....

Nor would I be so complacent about the Democrats controlling the White House for the next 12 years after 2020. We are heading into an Era of Chaos, my friend. We are going to be lashed by a whipsaw of change over the next decade, on a truly planetary scale. Strange things are going to happen. The economy might be declining slightly in 2020, as we move into the Presidential election, and that might help the Democrats to win the election, but then might suddenly collapse in 2022, undone by all the years of accumulation of debt, for no real fault of the Democratic administration in charge. Still uber-confident about the 12 years of Democratic domination? I could easily envision a Haley/Rubio ticket winning in 2024 in a circumstance where America is in some serious economic struggle in 2023/2024, and I happen to think that is quite possible, almost regardless of what policies we adopt at this point. Because we are in trouble.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
If you look at the post I was responding to, I was suggesting a Haley/Rubio ticket for the Republicans in 2024, not in 2020. I was more or less presuming some Democratic ticket would win in 2020, and that the Republicans would be trying to win the White House BACK in 2024, and would be trying to run some much more credible ticket....."to erase the stink of the Trump years", I said.....

Nor would I be so complacent about the Democrats controlling the White House for the next 12 years after 2020. We are heading into an Era of Chaos, my friend. We are going to be lashed by a whipsaw of change over the next decade, on a truly planetary scale. Strange things are going to happen. The economy might be declining slightly in 2020, as we move into the Presidential election, and that might help the Democrats to win the election, but then might suddenly collapse in 2022, undone by all the years of accumulation of debt, for no real fault of the Democratic administration in charge. Still uber-confident about the 12 years of Democratic domination? I could easily envision a Haley/Rubio ticket winning in 2024 in a circumstance where America is in some serious economic struggle in 2023/2024, and I happen to think that is quite possible, almost regardless of what policies we adopt at this point. Because we are in trouble.
The Republicans never see it coming, one collapse after another, one economic bubble after another...

Jul 2016
DS9

Ummm...I thought I said "barring the unforseen". :)

Jan 2016
Colorado
Ummm...I thought I said "barring the unforseen". :)
Yeah. I am trying to foresee it for you. I DO have a crystal ball here, though it is usually very cloudy. But I did manage to foresee the housing bubble, and what a clusterfuck our invasion of Iraq would turn out to be, and even how Donald Trump might actually win the Presidency, when most of my liberal friends thought he was sure to lose.....so sometimes BigLeRoy's crystal ball is worth consulting.....

:cool::nerd:

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
I suppose in theory, dumping Pence might be a good idea. But it would have to be done so as not to harm Pence's reputation among GOP voters. It couldnt appear like it was a backstab moment. Hard to do. But yea a Nikki Haley would help Trump a lot if Muellers investigation doesnt damage him. Lots of ifs.
They wouldn't stab him in the back, they'd convince him to abstain. For personal reasons.