Trump refuses to cancel rally in wake of Hurricane Michael Disaster.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
There would be no one in line if he cancelled it days before. It isn't like a hurricane just snuck in last night without notice and surprised everyone.
I posted the video up of him being briefed. He never had any intention of cancelling the rally. You can tell by way he's acting that he really just doesn't care.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
I'll judge the President's handling of this disaster based on the effectiveness of his administration's assistance to the state of Florida. Not by whether or not he goes to a rally...

And I have family who live in Port St. Joe, Panama City, Pensacola... etc.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
well, I hope your family is ok.
But, Trump is an asshole.
This is a national disaster and he'd rather spend his time partying with his base.
That's complete and utter bullshit.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more

his staff is either incompetent or they are trying hard not to say anything that spoils his plans. One of them says it's a cat 4 , which is correct, the next says it's going to be a cat 2. They're all discussing it like they're planning a picnic. There's no urgency being portrayed here. No sense that people are about to likely die. UGGGGhhh. When will this nightmare end? Trump is sitting there like a petulant little bored child.
bumping this because of the the comments trump makes about poor people. It now comes off as a justification for him ignoring his presidential responsibilities and putting the needs of his supporters at a rally first. Out of his own mouth he says people can't evacuate because they're poor. Then, he decides to go to a rally where people don't have any problem getting there. Since they were able to get to the rally they deserve his attention. Not those people who can't get out of the path of a national disaster because they're poor.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Wow you guys really will defend anything Florida is getting decimated and he is in Pennsylvania selffelating and complaining about metoo.

Can you imagine if Obama had done this? Fox News would have a fuckin seizure and wall to wall coverage for a month
Well, unlike Trump. Obama has a moral compass.