Trump reportedly told associates he killed Qassem Soleimani because he was under pressure from GOP senators before his impeachment trial

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
donald trump mitch mcconnell
donald trump mitch mcconnell

President Donald Trump told associates that he assassinated Iran's top military leader last week in part to appease Republican senators who'll play a crucial role in his Senate impeachment trial, The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.

In a lengthy piece detailing how the president's top advisers coalesced behind the strike on Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani, The Journal reported that Trump had told associates he felt pressured to satisfy senators who were pushing for stronger US action against Soleimani and who will run defense for him on impeachment.

One of Trump's most outspoken supporters, GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham, appears to be the only congressional lawmaker Trump briefed about his plan to assassinate Soleimani in the days leading up to the strike.

how come everyone looks like they're holding their breathe in the photo? Crazy world. He felt pressure to satisfy GOP senators? Ok. Plus remember this was all going on while he was on his vacation at his resort. What? He's confiding with his "associates" about national security issues as his waiters are serving up the entrée ?

CtC

Mar 2019
California
"Reportedly?" He actually said it in his own words. Once again he shows he does things for his own political motivations not the country. If the man is not removed from office he will continue to do so. Probably even more brazenly.
Who cares? The terrorist is dead.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Who cares? Who cares if a president is only out to save his own skin and fuck the country or the consequences?
Dude you need take your partisan glasses off.
He stopped Americans from an attack in the embassies according to Intelligence. You see any attacks happening now? No, the General that orchestrated that attack was killed. You should be celebrating the success of this mission, rather then condemning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: orangecat
Mar 2010
Indiana
He stopped Americans from an attack in the embassies according to Intelligence. You see any attacks happening now? No, the General that orchestrated that attack was killed. You should be celebrating the success of this mission, rather then condemning it.

Oh please you can't be that naive. There was no credible evidence of any attack given even during a classified briefing to the congress and the senate. Just because the orange sphincter says so doesn't make it so. He had no credibility as he constantly lies. Even republicans were not convinced.

Remember that last time we were give trumped up (pun intended) intelligence and it got us into the Iraqi quagmire 18 years ago and still counting? Is that what you want?

Last edited:

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Who cares? Who cares if a president is only out to save his own skin and fuck the country or the consequences?
Dude you need take your partisan glasses off.
No. I cheer whenever a terrorist bites the dust. More the better. Know what? Obama gave the Go ahead to kill another terrorist besides Bin Laden. I cheered when that guy got croaked also. And Trump already knows how the LOYAL Senate will vote. NAY!

Reactions: orangecat
Aug 2018
Vancouver

You already know that's not the case. You're not even fooling yourself anymore.

And yes, there were rocket attacks on an Iraqi airbase today that housed US soldiers.

8 rockets.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
No. I cheer whenever a terrorist bites the dust. More the better. Know what? Obama gave the Go ahead to kill another terrorist besides Bin Laden. I cheered when that guy got croaked also. And Trump already knows how the LOYAL Senate will vote. NAY!
I've barely been to the US, a few days total, and even I'm smart enough to know that your Senate is loyal to the Constitution and the electorate. Not to the Executive. They are separate powers under your Constitution, deliberately made separate, a check on each other's power, to avoid being a despotic dictatorship where a fake flunky upper house would be LOYAL to a leader.

I understand you want a dictatorship. But I didn't know you actually thought you already lived in one.

The upper house is not loyal to the executive in free countries. You're thinking of a dictatorship.