Trump rips emolument lawsuits: Being president 'costing me a fortune'

Sep 2012
SoCal
He neglects the fact that it's taxpayer $$$ he's spending. $106 Million for his never-ending golfing (probably much more after his recent vacation from his 4 year campaign, raking in $$ from his emoluments corruption, travel for Melania and his disgusting kids, and all his other corrupt dealings. He's making money, not losing it.

President Trump on Tuesday disputed that he's profiting off the presidency, arguing instead that lawsuits alleging he's violated the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution amount to "presidential harassment" and are costing him significant legal fees.

"I got sued on a thing called emoluments. Emoluments. You ever hear of the word? Nobody ever heard of it before," Trump said at a Shell petrochemical plant in Pennsylvania.
"And what it is is presidential harassment, because this thing is costing me a fortune, and I love it," Trump added. "I love it because I'm making the lives of other people much, much better."

...MORE...
Eliot Engel warns foreign officials: Stop spending money at Trump properties

Last edited:
Jan 2016
Colorado
Trump says nobody ever heard of the word 'emoluments' before?!?

Hey, that's funny stuff!

Evidently, our Founding Fathers thought of it, since they saw fit to put it into the Constitution of our country.

Of course, Trump is much 'smarterer' than alla them so-called 'Founding Fathers'. What did THEY find? It was Columbus who found America, by sailing east to Africa, back in the year nineteen hundred and forty-two!

In case a certain mod is lurking, the above two sentences were SARCASM. Do take note. I am not even providing smiley emoticons to help you out this time.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
Trump says nobody ever heard of the word 'emoluments' before?!?

Hey, that's funny stuff!

Evidently, our Founding Fathers thought of it, since they saw fit to put it into the Constitution of our country.

Of course, Trump is much 'smarterer' than alla them so-called 'Founding Fathers'. What did THEY find? It was Columbus who found America, by sailing east to Africa, back in the year nineteen hundred and forty-two!

In case a certain mod is lurking, the above two sentences were SARCASM. Do take note. I am not even providing smiley emoticons to help you out this time.
Trump is an idiot.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Its really hard to see such a man in the WH.. Disgusting really.
It's really WORSE than that, though. He is not just an idiot, he is mentally ill, and I would say with multiple mental illnesses. We have a mentally ill idiotic President.

And yet we also have a party that continues to rally around him, and defend him.

Are there only some of us who can see that the Emperor is naked?

Jul 2019
Atlanta
It's really WORSE than that, though. He is not just an idiot, he is mentally ill, and I would say with multiple mental illnesses. We have a mentally ill idiotic President.

And yet we also have a party that continues to rally around him, and defend him.

Are there only some of us who can see that the Emperor is naked?
Tells you a lot about the character and integrity of Evangelicals.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
He neglects the fact that it's taxpayer $$$ he's spending. $106 Million for his never-ending golfing (probably much more after his recent vacation from his 4 year campaign, raking in $$ from his emoluments corruption, travel for Melania and his disgusting kids, and all his other corrupt dealings. He's making money, not losing it.

Eliot Engel warns foreign officials: Stop spending money at Trump properties
lolomgeez trump is such a whiny bitch.