Trump Says Predecessors Voiced Support for Border Wall. Guess What?

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
He lied.

None of them did.

This would not be the first time Mr. Trump has bragged about conversations that never happened. In 2017, he publicly claimed that the head of the Boy Scouts called him to praise a speech as the best ever given to the organization. He also asserted that the president of Mexico had called him to say that Mr. Trump’s enforcement efforts at the border were deterring Central Americans from crossing into Mexico because they knew they could no longer get into the United States.

After both the Boy Scouts leader and President Enrique Peña Nieto of Mexico denied making such calls, the White House acknowledged that they never happened.
Trump Says Predecessors Confessed Support for Wall. Not True, They Say.

I know.

Shocking, isn't it?

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
False. Obama campaigned on a strong immigration policy, and discussed walls. Gwbush did as well. So did Clinton before him. So did bush before that.

The only problems started when Trump showed he was serious about it.

Apr 2010
Oregon
False. Obama campaigned on a strong immigration policy, and discussed walls. Gwbush did as well. So did Clinton before him. So did bush before that.

The only problems started when Trump showed he was serious about it.
Could you point out the specific quote where a former president told Trump they support HIS border wall? That is what Trump claimed. Not that they supported various forms of border fencing. But that they supported his actions and wished they would have done it while in office.

This should have been done by all of the presidents that preceded me. And they all know it. Some of them have told me that we should have done it.