Trump scores 60 percent approval in rural areas

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Men polled didn't say anything about all this crap. They said firearms and illegal immigration.

Women polled didn't anything about all this crap. They said health care and illegal immigration.

So anyone running against Trump, either within or outside his own party, had better be talking pretty fucking seriously about illegal immigration.
Absolutely. Illegal immigration will likely decide 2020.

Reactions: HCProf
Mar 2019
"US" of A
Men polled didn't say anything about all this crap. They said firearms and illegal immigration.

Women polled didn't anything about all this crap. They said health care and illegal immigration.

So anyone running against Trump, either within or outside his own party, had better be talking pretty fucking seriously about illegal immigration.

Perfect way to avoid societal issues, it'll be magic. Why it's as if no one has been talking about this forever.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Perfect way to avoid societal issues, it'll be magic. Why it's as if no one has been talking about this forever.
I've never heard a national Democratic politician discuss any sort of solution for mass illegal immigration.

So Trump's wall is literally the only idea out there.

The only counter proposal ive ever heard is to call the wall stupid.

If I had a choice between a sleazy huckster who promised to fix my problems, or a good hardworking professional who promised to do nothing to fix my problem.... Eventually I might end up voting for the sleazeball. At least he's listening.

Reactions: bajisima
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I've never heard a national Democratic politician discuss any sort of solution for mass illegal immigration.

So Trump's wall is literally the only idea out there.

The only counter proposal ive ever heard is to call the wall stupid.

If I had a choice between a sleazy huckster who promised to fix my problems, or a good hardworking professional who promised to do nothing to fix my problem.... Eventually I might end up voting for the sleazeball. At least he's listening.
Thats the problem in a nutshell..Even worse the democrats all raised their hands and said they would guarantee them healthcare. In the US mind you, where a healthy chunk of citizens cant afford healthcare of their own.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
it is like those maps that show all the vast areas of more gophers and varmints than people in the areas away from cities that vote red. as if land area counts, not actual people.
They've gone from "One man = One vote" to "One acre = 50 votes!" ;)

Reactions: OldGaffer
Jan 2007
The fact of the matter is, urban and suburban voters have been fairly patient with rural voters. In a democracy, majority decides the election. Yet a system has been set up via the Electoral College and the Senate to ensure that rural America has an overwhelmingly powerful per-capita voice, compared to what cities prefer. And this is right.

Yet if rural voters continue to risk the patience of urban and suburban voters by demanding ever-greater federal farm subsides and bailouts, a total ban on federal firearms regulations, and active destruction of environmental regulations of agriculture ... and these are the real issues, nobody really cares about where and how people worship ... then they will eventually find some of their power taken away. It's inevitable. Rural power depends on the active consent of urbanized America.

And let's not pretend that "rural" automatically means conservative. Vermont is as rural as you get. New Mexico is pretty rural. Colorado is fairly rural. All three of these states are firmly in alignment with progressives in the cities at least on certain issues. There used to be a huge urban-rural divide in Colorado but the demographics have changed and now only certain types of rural voters are fully aligned with the GOP there, and not enough to keep the state from going reliably Democratic.
Fundamentally transforming America via demographics. Explains immigration policy perfectly.

Reactions: ripskater
Jan 2007
They've gone from "One man = One vote" to "One acre = 50 votes!";)
North Dakota stays red. 3 electoral votes . Big whoopi! California brings in a few million illegals before a new census, gains more congressional representation , raises it's electoral count. Stole it from a red state. Explains democrat love for MIGA.