Trump scores greatest stock market rally ever.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Wait... "since the election?" Why not "since Trump took office?"

What would that do to the "DOW up 4,300 claim?"

Or, if you really want to boost Trump's figures, why not measure the increase since June 16, 2015, when Trump announced his candidacy?

Jul 2015
Maryland USA
So awesome!

Trying to think of the Trump policy that caused this.

Fuck, there is not one.
It should be remembered that the market indices are business indicators, while related, they are not economic indicators. The driving needle is current and anticipated profits. The proposed corporate tax reductions to be more competitive with the world markets and the reduction of government regulations are perceived to be factors that will have a significant impact on profits. However, for the continuing growth of those indices, those proposals must be made real or the growth will slow or stop all together.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
It almost tripled under obama and they out that down.
Amazing how the RW suddenly notices the increase in the stock market. they have been pretty much ignoring it for years. or simply insisting it's not all that significant or important.

Feb 2007
In my mind
It should be remembered that the market indices are business indicators, while related, they are not economic indicators. The driving needle is current and anticipated profits. The proposed corporate tax reductions to be more competitive with the world markets and the reduction of government regulations are perceived to be factors that will have a significant impact on profits. However, for the continuing growth of those indices, those proposals must be made real or the growth will slow or stop all together.
In this case, I think it is just cherry picking numbers to support the asshole president.

Reactions: 1 person
Sep 2014
United States
In this case, I think it is just cherry picking numbers to support the asshole president.
Stock market at all time high.

Business confidence at all time high.

GDP above 3% after avg 1% under Obama.

Consumer confidence up.

Yeah, cherry picking.

:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO: