Trump signs a sweeping federal ban on animal cruelty

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Putin also finally signed off a new law on this in Russia too, late last year, took 8 bloody years to work out:

No ban on animal circuses, sadly, it is still too popular over there, despite all the recent incidents and mishaps, see this thread for numerous videos: Circus bear attacks handler

And, there is a powerful circus lobby in Russia, led by prominent clans, like the Zapashny brothers

They have even managed, recently, to prevent Circue du Soleil from setting up shop near Moscow to compete with them (and possibly change the circus culture among Russians themselves, with acrobatic and other human acts, instead of animal troupes; a huge thread to those like the Zapashnys):

The law DOES ban private zoos and also keeping wild animals caged at restaurants and such, which has been long an issue there, especially in Siberia, and has led to tragedies: Caged bear rips off woman's arm at boozy Christmas party - and eats it

But, there are also groups over there on whom the effect of the new law is ambigious and unclear, for example, certain travelling groups of Roma (Gypsy) artists, who traditionally keep and use bears in their performances

These too remain highly popular, at weddings, etc; though, some more "progressive" (or what have you) Romas in more recent times have attempted to replace the live bears with a guy in a suit lol

But, purists striving for authenticity and whatnot still insist on using real ones...

It is unclear wether the law applies to them, because some consider them (Romas who perform with bears) as professional circus artists, while others do not, it's a controversial question over there...

I am, honestly, not sure if they will ever be able to properly enforce it, at all, over there...

Hopefully yours works out better...
I think the last picture shows a guy in a bear suit. His arms are too high for a bear on its hind legs and the fur looks fake.

Reactions: The Man
Dec 2018
Florida
Not everyone who raises animals treats them like the typical corporate rancher.
Great. So they get to die en mass at a slaughterhouse. After living in a slightly bigger cage. Sounds fun.

The irony of a meat eater criticizing someone for hunting lol.

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
I think the last picture shows a guy in a bear suit. His arms are too high for a bear on its hind legs and the fur looks fake.
Further supporting evidence for your theory can be found in the fact that The Man said it was a guy in a bear suit.

• Haha
Jul 2013
On a happy trail
Great. So they get to die en mass at a slaughterhouse. After living in a slightly bigger cage. Sounds fun.

The irony of a meat eater criticizing someone for hunting lol.
Again it's always all or nothing with you. What irony are you talking about?. I've raised most of my own meat over the years and they were pretty well treated up til they were dispatched with one shot.

Having trailed more than one wounded deer for miles I've also seen the worst of hunting along with the old tradition of tying dead deer on the hoods of cars and driving through neighborhoods until the meat goes bad. So hunting has left a bad taste in my mouth as far as the disrespect of the animals is concerned.

Last edited:
Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
Deliberately causing an animal pain because you enjoy watching something in pain is a sign of mental illness. It's not the same as accepting that an animal must die in order to provide us food. It's not a lot different from torturing human beings because you like watching them suffer.

Dec 2018
Florida
Again it's always all or nothing with you. What irony are you talking about?. I've raised most of my own meat over the years and they were pretty well treated up til they were dispatched with one shot.

Having trailed more than one wounded deer for miles I've also seen the worst of hunting along with the old tradition of tying dead deer on the hoods of cars and driving through neighborhoods until the meat goes bad. So hunting has left a bad taste in my mouth as far as the disrespect of the animals is concerned.
This isn’t “all or nothing.” This is a criticism of the crocodile tears against hunting. Something that US ETHICAL hunters have to see from time to time. Most people involved in a sport or hobby get to see the worst of the worst in it from time to time. So yes. I’ve seen scumbag hunters and poachers. My first duck hunt at like 7 or 8 was spoiled by 2 drunken assholes that shot an Osprey. It is still the worst hunting experience in my life. I was seething with rage at that age because of how stupid it was. But it was back before cell phones were everywhere. So spare me the “holier than thou” stuff. I report that BS. I’m known to game wardens as a reliable source. Scumbags like that don’t get a pass. Ive reported “family” (cousin’s husband and kin of his) before for poaching.

If we are going to have a SERIOUS discussion on stuff like this? Well. Then let’s be honest about what is actually a waste of meat. The tons of it that goes to waste in stores. How much is wasted in fast food chains and even those nice fancy places you eat? Hell...some of the biggest fanciest restaurants are scumbags who sell whale. Feel free to read up on that stuff. But rich people get a pass and get ignored because of us lowly turkey/deer hunters being seen as “monsters” for legally shooting Bambi.

OR...let’s talk about How we don’t have enough game wardens? How they are extremely busy...and how those valuable state jobs see a lot of recruitment of people who are NOT hunters/outdoorsy and are actually just cops looking for a better paying jobs.

OR...we can talk about how you think strapping a deer to a vehicle is somehow going to spoil meat. I’m curious...how do you intend to get game home to clean it? You know that not all animals Need to be cleaned in the field? In fact, I’d rather not field dress so I CAN get all the meat off the game. I even give some of the meat away to those in need so it doesn’t get wasted. I’m hardly the only one.